POP2 not working on Android

POP2 - Plugged in, powered on. Set up the hotspot. Open HandyScan. It can “find” the device but after it does, the UI remains grayed out. Nothing works.

Android 12
Samsung Fold 3

I also can’t get POP2 working with Android. In USB mode, it will briefly show an alert that it connected to the scanner, but then the app crashes and restarts. In wifi mode, I can connect to it, but it doesn’t show any images and the UI remains grayed out as mentioned above.

Android 11
OnePlus 7T

EDIT: Nevermind, the Android version listed at this post works for me:

https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/android-revo-scan-v3-0-1/4899

The POP 2’s default WiFi mode is a new feature, Host mode (connect to the POP 2 in the same manner as your regular WiFi router).

Instead of setting up your phone or computer as a Hotspot, look for the POP to appear in the list of all the WiFi access ports you normally see. The default password is different from the original POP; it is now “Revopoint3d”. You can, of course, change this in USB mode.

You can still use the POP 2 with a smartphone or laptop Hotspot, but you have to connect in USB mode and change the configuration in the Setup to “Client” instead of “Host”.

Hi @lynnewu ,

For POP 2, if you want to use the Wi-Fi mode, pls plug the POP 2 to a power bank or AC adapter. If you plug it into your phone, it will use the USB mode directly. (By the way, usually your phone can’t provide enough power to the POP 2).

If you want to use the USB mode, please use the power bank rather than plug-in it into your phone directly.

Best Regards
Cassie

“In USB mode, it will briefly show an alert that it connected to the scanner”

This means the power is not enough. Did you plug the POP 2 cable to your phone directly? Please use the mobile kit in your package.

If you don’t have the mobile kit, please use the Wi-Fi mode, plug it to a power bank/AC adapter, then find the Wi-Fi name of your POP 2 SN, input the password: Revopoint3d

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @lynnewu ,

I added a tutorial, could you please double confirm if you follow all the steps? If you confirmed all steps are right and the problem still exists, please let me know.

Best Regards
Cassie