A few head scan with the Miraco

Hi guys,
I recently scanned a few face, hopefully you’d recognize them easily enough.
Let me know what you think :wink:

Here is a cleanup version with open eye and good topology

And here is another raw scan, the life mask was not very sharp unfortunately, resulting in a less sharp result.

Scanned with the miraco, near mode, single shot mode.
Enjoy

4 Likes

Great scans !! I’m relatively new to 3D scanning and recently purchased the Miraco. Did you use a turn table when doing the scan ? I purchased one and hoping to get better scans using it.

Hi, No I just put it on my desk, selected the remove floor option then went single frame mode ( from my knowledge it’s when the scanner perform the best), moving and rotating occasionally the model when it was needed to get full coverage. Single frame mode gives me the option to take my time to be sure the model is always at the perfect distance from the scanner. On a small size model like a head, not alive, and at home when i do not have to rush, I always go single frame near mode. I later processed everything in Reco5 on the computer.

Thanks. I’m going to be scanning live people. I’m doing busts and full size scans of dancers for art sculptures. I bought a heavy duty 24” turn table to test.

Nice, Yes for fully body I use the turntable and wide mode continuous frame.
For the live face only and do it by hand and go continuous mode if I have no time, single frame if I have some time. I always go near mode for the face and I recombine the near mode result on the far mode in Zbrush.

Very nice! Can you recommend a good tutorial for the digital cleanup part? I’ve been learning that piecemeal from various sources

1 Like