[Windows & Mac ] Revo Scan V5.4.10

Hi everyone. Revo Scan 5.4.10 for Windows and macOS are now available on the official website.

Download it at: revoscan5

1. Optimizes Global Marker Tracking mode.(Now available only for POP 3 Plus)

A Global Markers library has been added to make it easier to find global marker files.

Location: Create a new project - Scanning Settings - Select “Global Marker Tracking Mode”

Here, you can create a new global marker point file or import the file you created in V5.4.9.

To import the global marker file created in V5.4.9, click on an existing project, open the folder, and locate the MKF file in the data folder.

The new file you create will be automatically saved in the global marker point library.

This video is for your reference.

1. Adds POP 3 Plus to the “First Use Tutorials” section of the Learning page.

1. Adds a “Contact Us” section.

1. Fixes some bugs.
  2. Optimizes the user experience.
1 Like

The point display size is too big now. It’s almost impossible to see any detail in raw preview.

I can’t stress enough the need to start using preference settings for things like this.

3 Likes

I do sadly agree on that , the raw cell points are much too big now, you barely see the details .

1 Like

Hi @TheBoatScans

Do you mean that the size of the global marker display is so large that you can’t see the details of the object you’re scanning?

No, I mean that the dots on the screen that represent the points in the point cloud are larger than they were, so in a dense point cloud there is a great deal of overlap and obscuring of neighboring points.

No Jane , the preview of the raw point cloud , it is a software setting and should be adjusted , this also affect the look while scanning where you think you don’t scanned something correct due to the big pixel preview or when areas looks like missed , pixelated or not uniform .

It was once adjusted to be smaller , so no idea who changed it again and for what reason other than cosmetic .

The proper size of the raw point cloud cells while scanning and after is crucial, so we would love it to be back to its original smaller size .

1 Like

Hi @TheBoatScans @PUTV

According to our development team, we have not made any adjustments to the size of the point cloud.
Do you guys have a way to provide some comparison pictures?

We will consider adding the functionality for users to manually adjust the point cloud size.

1 Like

yes of course , here you go… and it is software adjusting , I know because it I not the first time we get raw point cloud looking like that .

in early versions the raw point cloud was much smaller

2 Likes

I second this too. I was not sure why it looks so odd, but now it is obvious.

2 Likes

Can you tell me where I can find this option in miraco? Optimize the Global Marker Tracking mode.
or when I have it connected to a PC, I don’t see this option

Only POP 3 Plus can support Global Marker Mode at this moment .

1 Like

please add this feature to miraco? please expand its capabilities

1 Like

Hi @Spejhle

We have already provided this suggestion to the dev team and look forward to seeing this feature on other Revopoint scanners. Thank you very much for your support!

2 Likes

The link you sent is showing 5.4.9 as the latest. How do I get 5.4.10?

Now it’s ok, please try again.

It is working proper again Jane !

1 Like

I finally got around to installing the Mac version, and the point size is the same as before. There was a time a while ago (maybe a year) where the Mac had the large points and the PC didn’t. Not sure any of that is helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like