We wonder what they're feeling excited about

And so true … nothing bite a lion ! The best accuracy scanner in the price range on the market to date!

Eager to read your comparison to mini 1. Until now, mini 2 just seems to have imu and better colors.

one of asian amazon stores already has(had?) it listed with its specs (by mistake?). so looks like better performance due to IMU, bigger fov/capturing frame, better color capturing due to added LED. The things I would expect from the successor of mini due to upgrades other revopoint scanners already got.

accuracy and precision seem the same, but that could be due to blue light tech already is on the edge of what is achievable with such tech and what we got with mini 1 already.

now we can wait for the results of PUTV and other beta testers and their comparisons to mini1.

let’s be surprised!

The release is on Monday , so you will see for yourself . Sorry that’s all I can say for now .

I am not really into comparisons but if I get permission I can make one post about that as well .
MINI is still great scanner even without the whistles and additional stuff . My priority of scanning with MINI was never color and I was never for that function , scanning so small objects in 99.9% require 3D spray with very thin layer , as any micro reflections can effect the results.

How far you go into accuracy how more preparation you need no matter what scanner you are using , so high precision and clean surface . Mini can pick up fine dust and convert it quick into a noise , so attention in preparation is needed .

For my own needs I don’t need IMU because I only use MINI for a very fine mini objects and scanning this type of object you don’t want to handheld this scanner …bug no no
But there are people that love using MINI to scan handheld bigger objects , but remember having great distance will affect the accuracy even a change if 2cm between object and the scanner …

Do the bigger object have so fine details that it need 0.02mm accuracy ? In 99% they do not .

But because of blue laser light the surface will be much smoother because the micro reflections are reduced and the pattern is much scarper .

So if you work in dental labs, scan miniatures, coins or very fine elements with details of a at least 0.08mm this is the scanner of choice .

I can only tell you that MINI2 can do things much better since it is a great upgrade on many levels . There is no other company that could reproduce MINI 1 or MINI 2 capacity yet on the market in it’s price range . The only better are scans that cost over $20K sadly not portable as higher accuracy than 0.02mm requires great stabilization for the scanner and the scanning object , so also perfect stabilized turntable to reach 0.01mm accuracy what is a size that is not visible with human eyes , so truly on microscopic level of 3D scanning for that reason it is also so expensive to produce .

MINI series are not microscopes but still can capture elements on surface that are hard to see with a naked eye .

1 Like

Thank you Catharina for your accurate and informed commentary, as always.

Mini2 seems to be just the scanner I need to scan in very high detail portions of surfaces of important sculptures… You will certainly be familiar with the Riace Bronzes

Wow Davide that is amazing , I read a lot about both sculptures and saw many documentaries , I would die for a sample he he , I find their story so fascinating and mysterious and of course the craftsmen techniques are fantastic .

1 Like

So, if you don’t need imu, the only advantage is maybe a bigger fov, which has in return also disadvantages?

why do you think bigger FOV comes with disadvantages? I couldn’t think of any .:thinking:

I’d be surprised if didn’t also have the higher resolution depth camera sensors that the Miraco and Range 2 have.

as PUTV mentioned, distance is very important. Bigger FOV = often more differences in distance.