[Tutorial] Scanning partial scans using POP2 and Merge it in Cloud Compare

Zbrush can read the vertex color from the exported OBJ or meshed ply , you can’t import point cloud data to Zbrush . If you want to have color per vertex , you can’t texture the exported mesh , export it before texturing , then you have RGB OBJ to work in Zbrush
check my process from Revo to Zbrush

Revo Scan | Zbrush | Converting RGB Color Per Vertex To Textures - YouTube

and the cloud point data is called fuse.obj or fuse.ply when you export it , sometimes also fuse_RGB.obj but you can’t import that to Zbrush . It is exported together with the OBJ

Aaaaaah your awesome! It never occurred to me, I didn’t bother to generate texture on pop one, because it wasn’t very good, since pop 2 has some improvements I’ve always generated texture. That’s the issue! So I just skip the texture generation. And I’ll get the fused object file. I now zbrush can’t handle point clouds, forgot you, like myself have used zbrush for a long while. Figured it would be easier to understand the question if I described point cloud. Since the fuse file displays, or at least on my comps a point cloud preview. But importing into zbrush is a mesh with vertex color. Thanks for clearing that up. I was racking my brain.

1 Like

you welcome , when you texture the obj it automatic remove the RGB and replace it with UV and add textures , if you do not the OBJ will have the same data as the .ply files , reach OBJ files that Zbrush can read … it is not the standard OBJ file, but with the extra data it is much easier to import it everywhere .

Before I used only .ply mesh in Zbrush to extract the RGB into polypaint /textures … but then someone told me Zbrush can read the rich OBJ files so it was cool .
If you scan in color , you will always find the FUSE-RGB files under your project as well that is the point cloud data with RGB , you can convert it to better quality meshes in Revo Studio or Cloud Compare so you will have more RGB data than from Revo Scan OBJ only …
as you are already familiar with polypaint … how more poly how better the textures after … Revo Scan has only 25% of the mesh that you can actually create …