[Tutorial] How to connect the POP 2 by Wi-Fi mode with your phone?

I have not blocked anyone, why would I. No I don’t have time for online meetings, getting to the point I just want a refund now, fed up with it not working the way i need it too

Hi @rick27 ,

1. We contacted the mailbox server to check this issue, but from our side, we also did not block you.

Btw, could you please answer the phone call from our customer service team?

1. According to the previous information, we can’t confirm that your device has a quality issue. That’s why we want to have an online meeting to learn more details.

We’re willing to refund you if we can confirm the device is defective. Otherwise, we can’t do that. I hope you can understand.

1. According to @PUTV @JeffLindstrom , if your phone doesn’t support 5ghz wifi, you can’t use the wifi host mode. You can use the Client mode as Jeff’s suggestion.

Best Regards
Cassie

You have checked your Spam folder, right?

1. We contacted the mailbox server to check this issue, but from our side, we also did not block you. - Everytime I try to respond to your emails I get a message back saying your server has blocked my message.

Btw, could you please answer the phone call from our customer service team?

1. According to the previous information, we can’t confirm that your device has a quality issue. That’s why we want to have an online meeting to learn more details.

We’re willing to refund you if we can confirm the device is defective. Otherwise, we can’t do that. I hope you can understand.

1. According to @PUTV @JeffLindstrom , if your phone doesn’t support 5ghz wifi, you can’t use the wifi host mode. You can use the Client mode as Jeff’s suggestion. - I have tried to do this as I have said many times now the USB function does not work either

Best Regards
Cassie

No response, getting really fed up now

My phone still can’t connect using the USB cable and no further advise from REVOPOINT on how to fix this.

My whole experience buying this scanner has been nothing but bad news, wish I’d never bought it

Are you using Thunderbird (or Firefox as your web browser) for email? If so, try setting up your email to use Chrome or Edge. I prefer Firefox’s user interface, but I have encountered difficulty in connecting to a small number of web sites (Thunderbird is published by Mozilla, which also publishes Firefox, so it may have the same troubles).

Do you have a Windows computer (any version from 7 to 11 will work)? If so, install Revo Scan on it and connect your scanner to a USB 3 or USB C port.

Note that it is possible that your computer may not be able to power the scanner. If you have the Mobile Adapter, use that with a power pack rated for 2 amps or 10 watts, minimum. If not, get a Powered USB 3 Expander, such as this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132225990464 . Note that its power supply is rated for twice what the POP or Mini needs.

Then upload some screen grabs of the POP’s configuration (the About and Info pages, especially including the WiFi configuration options).

We’ll move forward from there.

Hi @rick27

Our customer service team try to contact you via email or phone call without success. As I said, please answer our phone call if you can’t receive/reply to the email. (Btw, if it is possible for you to use another email if this mailbox is not available?)

We’re also willing to have an online meeting with you, but you refused and said no time.

Under such a condition, we can’t confirm if the product is defective or not, so it’s difficult for us to make any decision.

Best Regards
Cassie

I don’t want to go here between this issue ,
but for anybody else having issues with connecting your phone to POP2.

First check if your phone can even connected via USB to POP2 by checking if your phone support OTG
you can download and install an app that will do that for you : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.faitaujapon.otg&hl=en_US&gl=US

Second, you should not use single USB cable and expect to run POP2 via phone unless you use 5Ghz WiFI with it.
A single cable will usually not working without WiFi, and you need Revopoint mobile cable to use with your phone and POP2 , where the USB A goes to power bank and the USB C goes to your phone for data only what works in 99.9999% cases , unless your phone do not support OTG .

Also phones with 4GB of RAM will capture only 400 color frames , this is one 360 degrees rotation around the model , then you need to fuse it to continue scanning , no color scanning will allow you to do 2 x 360 degrees rotations before you need to fuse it for continue scanning , so very limited but still possible.
You can also use fast scanning option if your phone is on the lowest capacity and requirements to use for POP2.

Just in case it can help: Connecting the Mini to my iPhone 13 pro (IOS 16) eventually worked after tuning the connection on my iPhone: I had to uncheck the “private wifi address” in the settings of the Revoscan wifi network. Without doing that, the wifi connection to the Revoscan network worked, but the revoscan app did not find the scanner. And as mentioned by others, the scanner had to be plugged to a basic wallplug, not to anything trying to establish a data connection, like a pc or mac.