[Tutorial] How to connect the POP 2 by Wi-Fi mode with your phone?

Yes it’s Y9 Prime so I must just be doing something wrong, nothing seems to work using the instructions I have

Hi have just tried everything again, can’t see the pop2 wifi connection on my phone either under wifi or hotspot, also tried USB mode and no scanner found even though its all plugged in correctly. Really don’t know what else I can try? I even tried to uninstall the app and reload with no change

It is impossible with dual band that you can’t see POP2 under the network something is going on , you phone can’t scan as much frames with POP2 but it still workable as my older phone have almost the same specifications than yours and I could run it without issues .

So no POP2 under WiFi Network all?
The setting in the software was set to USB when you connect with the USB-C cable right ? and the other USB A was connected to a power bank or any source of 5V AC , right ?

do you have green light on the back of POP2 or blue ?

I am afraid you will need to wait until Monday to get customer support to help you out
because I run out of options
below are all possible options you can try , and if not one of them work , then you need to contact the customer support .
Did you tried on a computer , laptop etc ?
3175bc42c33306fc9ff3783dc20484d941719604_2_500x500

I just get a green light.

How do I contact customer support?

That is good , at least we know the device is on , I am sure they will be able to help you , just tell them you got through all the connecting process possible without success . I am sure they will find solution for you as they always do .

I have not heard anything from customer support yet

Oh really ? let me check something for you …

Hi @rick27

Could you please connect your POP 2 via PC by USB version? Then click “About” to confirm the Wi-Fi mode is “Host”? And please also ensure the password is correct.

If it is the Host and still has the problem. Please send me the email address you used to contact the customer team. Thank you.

Best Regards
Cassie

Yes the WiFi is set up as host, password is irrelevant at this point as no WiFi comes up on my phone for the pop2

rmkits@gmail.com

Hi @rick27 ,

Ok, I ask team to reply you asap.

Best Regards
Cassie

@rick27 and @Revopoint-Cassie

I asked Huawei why they listing the phone that Rick has as a dual band 5Ghz , and they reply :

My Apologies to inform you that Y9 Prime 2019 does not support the 5ghz Wifi, it does only support the 2.4ghz wifi. The reason behind this is the Chipset feature was not built that includes the capability on detecting the 5Ghz Wifi frequency. We will take this as a feedback for us to better improve our future products.

This means POP2 can’t connect to @rick27 phone via wifi .
The only way left is to use the 2 cables mobile connector with USB A to power source and USB-C to the phone for data . Change the setting in Revo Scan to USB and try again .

1 Like

I have tried usb option but again it does not work

Hi @PUTV ,

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Hi @rick27 ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I asked our customer service team to contact you asap.

I have replied to the customer service email but my reply was blocked by your mail server, getting really fed up of this now, just about ready to return it

still can’t get hold of customer service, emails are blocked, hopeless

Hi Rick, I unwatched this thread thinking stuff was solved for you. You should get reply shortly from the staff.

There could be a workaround.

Connect the POP 2 to a Windows computer with Revo Scan and change its WiFi from Host to Client. Set the WiFi to your home router and enter the password (note that the [space] character is not allowed in the Revopoint password configuration, so you will have to change your router’s password if it has them).

The POP 2 will connect to the router at 5 GHz while the phone connects at 2.4 GHz. The POP 2 should still be able to find Revo Scan on the phone.

Marker mode is not supported at 2.4 GHz, but you can get around that with creative additions to the scene in Feature mode.

Hi @rick27 ,

Sorry so much. Our customer service team said they asked the mailbox server to check the problem but did not find any problem. They think if it is possible that you once blocked our mailbox / refused to accept it again, etc… If so, you need to contact your mailbox server to release us from the blocklist.

For your problem, how about we arrange an online meeting directly? I will ask our customer service team and the developer team to join in the meeting. May I know when it is available for you? Our working time is 9:30am-7:00pm in Beijing Time.

Best Regards
Cassie