Share your Scanning Stories and Win $100

Share your Scanning Stories and Win $100

Hi guys,

Share your scanning stories with us so we can share them with the world. Now we know this can be time-consuming, so that’s why we’re offering a prize of $100 every week* for the entry that gets the most likes on the forum.

There are no requirements for topics; it can be about any scan for any purpose.

Rules to enter: To be considered for the prize, your entry must include all of the following:

• Why did you scan this object?

• What was the process?

• Were there any difficulties, and how did you overcome them?

• What was the result of the project?

• At least six pictures: one of the original object, four of the process, and one of the final scan. Or you may submit your entry as a narrated video.

• You must post your story with “My Scanning Story:” as part of the post’s title. EG My Scanning Story: How I scanned my teenage mutant ninja turtle action figure."

Please note that we’ll rewrite the winning entries into a blog post for use on our website and social platforms. We’ll be sure to give you full credit in the article.

• This competition will run for 4 weeks from the date of this post, and we do not guarantee a weekly winner if the submitted entries do not meet quality standards.

So with that out of the way, we wish you all good luck and happy scanning.

My Scanning Story : how I scanned my MOTU Armor
by me Jay Wittman I purchased the POP2 thinking it would scan perfectly my small and thin Toy/Action figure armor with ease ATM it dosnt I should have gotten the MINI BUT i ordered it before the mini was available. BUT the pop2 did a great job capturing 80% the overal shape of what I need I just now need to learn Solidworks to turn the scan into a cad like model to perfect the scan overal the pop2 does work with everything i want scanning but not so much with the smaller thin armor accessories that are 2mm thickness in a few more weeks i am ordering the mini BUT keeping the POP 2 for my other scans. Very nice scanner the POP2 even with my thin armor nice results, keep up the good work revopoint

He Man’s Hordak vintage two peice body armor roughly 2.5x2.5 inches and 1.5-2mm thick overall
I would love to get the POP MINI waiting for a few weeks to afford it :slight_smile:

do to new member only one image upload at a time.
heman’s villian hordak two peice armor with front and back indivdual front and back peices with various settings in the point cloud using revostudio one on the far right had no smooth applies one of the left had smooth 2.5inch x 2.5inch roughly in size with only 1.5-2mm thickness

Back side of he man’s Hordak armor both front and back peices were scanned separately

Hi,
Thanks for joining us. Please create a new post in the forum to join the campaign.