Revo Scan share feature not working on Android

So I got my new Pop 2 the other day. Installed the Revo Scan 3.0.0 on my S22 ultra to test the mobile ability of the new scanner. I am aware that Revo Scan is still in beta so not everything is there. However I am running into an issue where I can’t share any of my scans, which makes mobile scanning pretty much useless if I can’t get the data off my phone. I’ve tried both sharing to my google drive and gmail. I checked the permissions that Revo Scan has and it has access, I am able to create a folder on my google drive within the app but when I try to share nothing happens. When I try sharing through Gmail, it tells me it can’t attach the file, Same with Outlook.
Has anyone else experienced this or shall I chalk it up that the App is too green and fall back to Handy Scan for the time being, because I was able to share fine with my Pop 1.

Also if any of the developers are reading this, why is there not an option just to “share” to your Android phone’s document folder? That way I can share the file outside of the revo app and not have to deal with weir permissions issues, or connect my phone to my computer and transfer the file via USB if necessary. The whole current method of sharing seems restrictive to me.

I am having same sharing issue(s). Tried Google Drive, Gamil, WD Mycloud, Send Anywhere, External Storage. No sucess.

1 Like

Same here , I could never send any scan on my mobile when using POP1 and old software … only empty email without the scan files and same today with new software and POP2. I think it never got fixed .

Ok I got it working.
After scanning and meshing then turn wi-fi back to my home network. Then in RevoScan go to Projects and click on select box (think thats what its called) to right of “MY PROJECTS and PRESET MODE”. Click on radio button to right of blue View box for the file you want to send. Now click on send button (next to trash can) at bottom of this screen, Confirm th name in the pop up that appears. Then click on Google “Drive” that appears in pop of for Share large files and viola the file is uploaded to google drive.
Whew! What a process, Still can’t get file to share using “…” to right of project name. But it definitley works going thru the select box. Hope it works for you too!

1 Like

Addition to previous post. Using the “select box” method for sharing even works with my WD MyCloud private cloud.

1 Like

Hi @kanakaRed @beady927 @PUTV ,

Did you use the Wi-Fi mode? For POP 2, no internet connection of the new Wi-Fi host mode.

So if you want to share the file, remember to go to “Setting”, and change the Wi-Fi from “POP2-REVO-A21AXXXX” to your Home Wi-Fi.

Then you can share the files.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Thanks Cassie , on early POP1 I used hot spot for connection with my phone and local WiFi , the email was sent with the WiFi but not the files, the email was empty . I will try tomorrow your suggestion for POP2 , as it make more sense now .

Thanks!
PUTV

1 Like

Hi @PUTV ,

We will test this feature of POP and see if it is a bug or not.

Did you try to upload the file of POP to Google Drive or via Facebook chat box on your phone? Is that possible?

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

I tried most of the sharing options but it did not worked for me with the old app , I will try tomorrow with the new app , and I will let you know if it worked for me .

Thanks Cassie !

1 Like

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

I also ask our developer team to test it too.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

I am having the same issue with my iPad Pro. I cannot share to my file folder on the iPad. It gives me the option but then nothing happens.

If you are using a Hotpoint and your phone has a data connection to the web, you still have to have the proper login and password to access your cloud account. Have you verified that?

If you are using the POP 2’s default WiFi router configuration (so that you only have to switch from your regular WiFi connection to the POP), then you have to switch back to your regular WiFi connection to get access to the cloud.

Hi Cassie, I actually was “not” using wi-fi mode in favor of direct usb connection with the scanner since I have an Android Phone. So the WiFi should not be the issue that I am having. Uninstalled the app, and will reinstall it to give another go, just incase it was an install issue. Just been a little busy with work so I haven’t tried to revisit the issue.

Could you please confirm which version of the Android Revo Scan do you use?

Please make sure that you’re using this version - V3.0.1: Revo_Scan_for_android_v3.0.1.20220318.apk - Google Drive

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

I also asked our developer about how can you find the file on your phone.

Here is the way: [phone storage root]\HandySmart\data

I also ask our developer to record a video for you: SVID_20220323_201026_1.mp4 - Google Drive

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like