RANGE - Unboxing and Showcases

6 Likes

RS5 in marker mode, Pottery manual aluminum turntable with markers, Model with aesub

Setup

Pointcloud

RAW Remesh L7/1%

Smoothing 1x F20 C0.5

Smoothing 10x F20 C0.5

3 Likes

Such a great marker placement on the plate! How did you come up with it? would you mind sharing a photo of the plate/turntabel from straight above? I would like to copy the markers placements.

Sure here it is

I started with a spiral and conter spiral of ones
Then i go spinning around starting with a pattern of 1, 2, 3, then 1|1, 1|2, 1|3 , 1|4 … and then I adapt as i go trying to keep the clusters as clear and unique shapes as possible.

I also have the pattern on the side you can see it in this video

5 Likes

Ingenious! :clap:thank you!

1 Like

USECASE

Dirty scan (RANGE+MINI) for quick reference to build a acrylic expositor base for a powertool, base resulted great on first try, no iterations needed and the process was faster than any old methods.

Workflow

Scan and basic cleanup: RS5.0.1
PC alignment (range and mini) registration and meshing: Cloud Compare
XYZ flat plane initial orientation: Windows builder - Settle tool
Mesh final ortographic orientation and mesh simplification: Meshmixer
Model Build using mesh as volume reference: Fusion 360

5 Likes

Newest Range scan

3 Likes

4 Likes

Subbuteo trophy

Head scanned with Range, body photogrametry scan, base fusion360 model. Software used, Revoscan, Meshmixer, Fusion360, Meshinspector

Subbuteo original 00 scale resin test prints

Handpainted and reference

3 Likes

Nice looking!:clap: just wondering: why didn’t you use Range for the body scan , too?

Never had access to the model in the game clothes, i used another user stock photogrametry for the body then modified it to fit the general body of my model from photo reference.

Initially my scan was only of a shell of the face, later i did a scan of the hair on a nother session to use as reference and sculped the model as needed

4 Likes

3 Likes

Nice work on this one , did you scanned the new body ?

Body is photogrammetry, only head is range

1 Like

Done

3 Likes