PUTV | Pop 3 Plus | Showcase

Space for unboxing …

2 Likes

POP 3 Plus offers a great new Features and Highlights !
Advanced Optical Zoom: It focuses the projector’s field of view, intensifying the structured light while
maintaining resolution and quality to help preserve the object’s surface details as much as possible.
Upgraded Glass Calibration Board: Its superior material stability produces more consistent and accurate
calibrations.
Improved Accuracy: The new optical zoom and calibration board improve POP 3 Plus’s single frame
accuracy up to 0.08 mm.
New Global Marker tracking mode: It significantly enhances the scanner’s tracking and capture capabilities through better marker detection.
Advanced Stability: Equipped with a 9-axis IMU (inertial measurement unit) and intelligent algorithms, it ensures consistent and reliable scan quality.
Enhanced Color Scanning: A larger aperture and Flash LED lighting system evenly light objects for better color scans.
High-Performance Connectivity: It has a USB Type-C connector for multi-device compatibility, ensuring faster data transfer and higher power delivery capabilities.
Efficient Wireless Transmission: Low-latency, high-stability Wi-Fi ensures efficient, stable, and secure wireless data transmission.
Wide Compatibility: Seamlessly integrates into workflows with compatibility with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices.

One of my new favorite feature is the Zoom function , it improve the focus in the infrared structured light exchanging the fine details to a new level , it is very unique for infrared structured scanner , it eliminates also greatly the noises resulting in very smooth scans .

POP 3 Plus ZOOM X 1.5
POP3plus_PUTV2024

I used lower and higher cavity detection shader to show fully the finest details of the surface what is excellent for the object size of 10 cm / 4 inches

NOTE : This is my exclusive POP 3 Plus discount code for you : MEDIAPUTV10, which gives you an extra 2% discount compared to Revopoint official online store price . Please use it at checkout !
POP 3 Plus | Online Store

From Scan to Animated POP3 Plus

8 Likes

POP 3 Plus Text color test , no additional light
box size : 14cm /4inch

Quick raw Ear buds scan 60 mm Zoom x 1.5

Camera Grip size 12 cm/ 5 inches Zoom x 1.5

POP3plus_Cam_grip.PUTV2024

Mario Figurine size 12 cm / 4 inches

POP3plusMario_PUTV2024

11 Likes

Great showcase, as usual😁

Another great scanner , showing Revopoint’s inovation spirit and the will to push the tech boundaries as far as possible.

Now waiting for a laser line scanner to complete the portfolio😉

2 Likes

Thank you Ivan :purple_heart:
I own couple of old laser scanners but nothing special … would be great to have some new blast in that direction from Revopoint … finger crossed :crossed_fingers:

Please share my "2% off "discount code MEDIAPUTV10 :pray:

3 Likes

Great scans, :sunglasses::blush:

Nice to see Revopoint aren’t just sitting on thier laurels with regards to moving the tech forward.

Still at consumer prices too.

1 Like

Thank you Gary , the infrared projection improvement via the zoom function was a brilliant move , I thought they reached already the maximum accuracy and precision for infrared structured 3D scanners technology , yet they proved me wrong again !

Now I am thinking to myself , if they could do that with infrared, what accuracy can they reach with blue laser light using this technique… just thinking about the future possibilities.

That why I love Revopoint , they never stop improving. So inspiring !

3 Likes

I believe you will be able to use the glass calibration board in the future with MIRACO near mode , just calibrated it today using it and was smooth process.

3 Likes

Great work Catharina! as usual

Revopoint always moving forward to improve

I also see applications in the archaeological field for artefacts rich in detail…

2 Likes

Thank you Davide ,

It captures really great level of details when using zoom mode , most objects can become even 25 millions points , however if the object is too big the meshing will not use the whole point cloud data for obvious reason . So meshing outside RS is recommended for optimal results on workstations that can handle that kind of data processing as the mesh will be huge . And I love it , because it is easier now to capture bigger objects with bigger FOV and still get that accuracy level , what is fantastic . So for me medium size object +
Looks like POP 3 + took a second place now regarding accuracy and resolution on the list after Mini 2 for medium size objects .

1 Like

@PUTV do you adjust the zoom during the scan, similar to Near/Far mode on the Miraco or are they seperate scans?

It is on top of the Depth camera view x1 x1.5 x2.0 , you change it before scanning .

It changes the focus and the focal , only POP3+

3 Likes

The Plus model looks nice. But I think with this model, both Pop3 and mini2 models are disabled. The Plus model has corrected the scanning sharpness, which is the weakness of Pop3. Mini 2 is the model I use and I am still not satisfied. The scanning area is very small and therefore it makes more sense to buy Plus.

Mini2 cannot see colors such as red, black and orange, but the Plus model can. You cannot scan outdoors with Mini2, but you can with Plus. It is almost impossible to pick up and scan something with the Mini2. Pop3 models seem to be better in this regard. Considering all this, there is no point in purchasing the pop3 or mini2 model. So the pop3 model may be a little old, but the mini2 model is a new model and customers who buy it do not have any advantages at the moment. The mini2 is already much higher in price. When this is the case, there is no point in buying a mini2.

I think Revopoint needs to make a very good update for mini 2 here. It should provide much clearer scanning and smoother surfaces. Unless it does these, no one will want to buy mini2. I wish the Plus model had been released last month, I would definitely prefer it. Actually, I might buy the plus again, but I will never buy a Revopoint scanner again unless they fix the artifacts and tracking loss during scanning. I hope a good update is made for mini2 and the problems are fixed.

Also, in the latest update, V5.4.8, the image freezes during scanning, When the object returns, the scanning data follows it far behind. which is annoying. This is not PC related. The PC I am using has an MSI 11th i7-11800h processor and 32GB RAM. This freezing problem did not exist in the previous version. Revoscan software should run much more smoothly and provide a good merge process.

Looking good Cath. Lovely scans as always from you.

1 Like

Hi @ercan_wrc I don’t want to get deeper on this subject because it is my showcase thread .

But one thing I will tell you , POP3+ is not a replacement for MINI series and not intended to scan mini objects .

It is created to scan medium objects where MINI reach it’s maximum due to smaller FOV .

MINI series where created to capture mini objects hence the name of it “Mini” POP series where created to scan medium size objects on general and it can’t scan better mini objects than MINI series .

But it is better than any POP scanner before so indeed canceling Pop 1,2,3

That’s all about .

If Revopoint decide to use the new technology to add the zoom function in next generation of MINI would be fantastic as that would reach new level never seeing before in consumer grade scanners .

So definitely yes !

I am happy with my MINI series for now as it is the best accuracy on the market in its price range .

My older POP’s got retired … looking forward to MINI + :joy:

1 Like

Thank you so much Andy , preparing more … the results are crazy good on medium size objects … speechless :no_mouth:

Still one thing isn’t clear to me.
Whe You zoom in x2 - the IR pattern thrown by the laser projector gets smaller, allowing for better detail, OK.
But does that also mean that the working FOV of the scanner drops to half its original value?
How is the reduced FOV / scanning space compared to Mini?

Hi Filip , it is optical zoom , the distance between scanner and the object don’t change physically only optically , you just capture smaller area on the object , the FOV changes to smaller the distance is still the same .

Same when you use tele lens .
However the infrared pattern also changes to smaller lines when switching the zoom .

So kinda the same as Miraco near mode vs far mode .

You can’t compare that to MINI series , completely different animal and definitely not replacement for MINI .

I scanned sneaker yesterday in zoom 1.5 and it collected 24 millions points to the details of stitches being clearly visible , without losing any tracking …
It would be rather a task using Mini series as the tracking would be lost.

Shoe Scan size : 13 inch / 32cm
Zoom x1.5

2 scans Point Cloud

Merged

Meshed

Render Edge detection on the surface

8 Likes