Miraco wifi password field too sort

Plugged in a brand new Miraco to charge and up popped a setup screen. Sadly, it won’t connect to my WiFi. The password field is far too short. Needs to be at least 48 characters.

This is evidently a known problem. Unfortunately, the relevant post is no longer available. Is there a workaround?

Hello @DropBear

The next MIRACO software update will address this issue.

1 Like

Thanks for replying @Revopoint-Jane

In the absence of WiFi connectivity, how can I get the update? Will USB suffice?

Hi @DropBear

The update will be delivered via OTA. Once the update is ready, your MIRACO will have the software available for download in its settings.

Once you connect to RS5 on computer via USB you will have automatic option to update your OTA .
Or change temporary your password on your router to access OTA via MIRACO settings via WiFi .

At this moment there are no update available. So this will take some time.

I’ve connected via USB and the ‘Software Update’ button is red, so I guess there’s an update available, but I can’t see any way to actually update the Miraco. There’s just a message complaining that there’s no WiFi network.

The latest Miraco update is :

App Version: V1.0.1.153
System Version: v2.3.129

You need to connect Miraco to WiFi ( your local Internet) to be able to download and install the update same as you do with your phone or tablet .

Read the title of this thread. Then read your reply dated Jan 10.

I don’t getting the system update window anymore for some reason when Miraco is connected to USB

Jan 10 was long time ago , there was already many updates in main time so maybe it don’t works no more . Last time I updated MIRACO it only worked when MIRACO was connected to Internet via WiFi .

If you had system update you will update it via USB and Revo Scan 5 not Miraco , so the red button means nothing .

I know you have issue with your too short password field but I can’t help you here with , please contact customer@revopoint3d.com for future support on this matter .