Leave your feedback & suggestions on the Revo Scan 5

I’m not saying this is the world’s best scan but these were both fused with Advanced .15mm. One is from 5.4.2 and the other is from 5.4.3.

Thank you so much.
I will try this function in the new version.

Revo Scan 5.4
When the UI is neither in English or Chinese, release notes on the update prompt are shown in Chinese.
It is understandable that the team won’t translate the release notes in every supported language: if so I think showing them in English might be a better default choice than showing them in Chinese, for many users.
Issue is present on Revo Scan for Windows 5.4.2 I assume it is also present on 5.4.3 but obviously I won’t know until another update is pushed by the dev team.

(here, the computer and Revo Scan UI are in French)

1 Like

V 5.4.3 is available to download

2 Likes

It will be better to keep the scanning distance setting unchanged when a new scan is started. Very often I need to redo a scan after finding defects in the previous one. Re-adjusting the scanning distance before every scan is kind of inconvenient.

1 Like

Yes @new23d good suggestion .

It starting to get annoyed ately when I forget to adjust it and wonder what is going on with the picture !

Create a trash bin to allow recovery of deleted assets if needed…

Revo Scan version: V5…4.3
System : Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Intel Xeon E5-2630v3 (x2), Quadro K5000, Telsa K20, 168GB
Scanner: MINI 2
Your feedback & suggestion:

On the dual axis turntable be able to set the number of rotations you want done and have the rotation be able to be linked to image taking.

I am completely new to this equipment having used other 3D scanners with varying success. So far I fins the system is not difficult to get around but there are areas that could use improvement. The big one at the start being linking the table rotation to image taking and being able to set the number of rotations you want to perform.

Have been experimenting with the merging function of Revo Scan 5 recently and one thing I really would like to have is aligning without merging which has been suggested by other members of this forum previously.

This wish was triggered by this case of merging the two scans of a thin wrench. Neither the marker nor feature based merging worked very well which is probably because of the symmetry of the object.

Finally, I added two more scans, one for the head and the other for the tail of the wrench and the feature-based method merged them perfectly.

The only improvement I can see is a faint seam line and slightly noisy surface at some overlapping areas. I believe this can be eliminated by excluding the scans of the head and tail in the merging process but using them only for alignment purpose.

The “select connection” editing function is found to be too sensitive in the sense that I often ended up in selecting the whole model ( fused model ) when I applied the brush to a piece of surface that appears to be isolated to me. It seems that two pieces are regarded as “connected” even if piece A has just a single point within several point distance from piece B. This goes against intuition in my use cases and wonder if the criteria can be revised or some user settings provided.

The brush selector is for use with lose points and fragments that are not attached to the main scan after fusion , you select the main scan with it , reverse the selection and remove what is selected red .
It is for big junk , for removing fine isolated points use Isolated Point Function .

1 Like