Handheld stabilizer and WiFi-channel 149

After some time, about one year, I picked up again work with the handheld stabilizer. With POP2.
BUT: I can not get connection with the phone Huawei P10 dual Sim.
Using ‘’ inSSIDer home ‘’ I found that the POP2 is sending over WiFi channel 149. This belongs to 5GHz.SRD (SmallRangeDevices) frequency band. How can I check if a phone will serve this channel? WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac seems not sufficient.
Could you help me out of this problem?

Hi @Johan
POP2 needs minimal 802.11ac to work and connect what is 5Ghz , the network will be not visible to 2.4Ghz WiFi adapters .

It should works fine with your phone .

After a day of searching on internet I have this impression:

• WLAN 802 is a protocol, all numbers after that are versions made in time. Do not follow alphabethicaly.
  • WiFi G3, G4, G5, G6 … are versions in time. I think general protocols.
  • Known for telecom are the bands 2Ghz and 5Ghz frequency bands. They are splitted into channels,
  • 2GHz: channels 1 through 13, 5Ghz: channels 36 through 64 plus 100 through 140, plus (!watch! only for SRD purposes) 149 through 165. SRD stands for Small Range Devices. As POP-scanner-versions.
  • I found channel 36 for MINI scanner, and 149 for POP2, POP does not act in this way, is different designed. The others as MINI2, POP3 and INSPIRE I do not know.
  • So: 802.11ac does not tell the whole story!

I am from the old school beeing a radio-engineer, later expanded to electroncics-enigineer. I am fit with receivers having a band to cover, around a midfrequency and a bandwith. POP2 is sending at channel 149, my phone may scan from 2GHz-channel 1 up, but not so far as 5GHz-channel 149. Newer phones may reach the full 5GHz.SRD band up to channel 165.

Is it an idea to ask REVOPOINT3D to specify more clear about these used channels? Or can REVOPOINT3D supply my (older?) POP2 with a former upgrade to a lower channel? It is up to the manufacturer where he do position a channel for sending. Under 802.11 … But should keep track on all receivers that are implemented. In general: not full frame!

Besides: one year before I bought my first POP2 that is working now in Vietnam at our foundation. Together with a Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro. My second POP2 is ordered later for second scanner purpose at my home in Europe, it took a whle until I could continue my work on it.

1 Like

Hi @Johan please write to customer@revopoint3d.com and ask for information, you can include the link to this thread .

I believe the channel is 112 , what do not works well in Europe for everyone from my observations .some have issues with , other don’t , probably as you said using early WiFi adapters that don’t support that channel …

To change the channel you will need to change the firmware of your device , so nothing that can be just rolled for everyone since many of us moved to WiFi6 , but you can request assistance in this case by writing to customer@revopoint3d.com and technical team will assist you .

I have recieved this link: https://support.revopoint3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/24140585416219-I-can-t-find-the-scanner-in-the-Wi-Fi-wifi-list
After upgrading Revo Scan from 5-5.4.5 to 5-5.4.6 the scanner could be changed from region automatic into Netherlands . From channel 149 into 36.

inSIDDer is a usefull apllication :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who helped me out

2 Likes