Full body scan with POP 3D

jlm70

Those are the spec’s of the turntable used in the “DIY Slider”,

I have this turntable on order.

1 Like

I’m new to this forum, and received the Pop2 yesterday, so… thanks for the link! I’ve ordered the plate (arriving tomorrow, i’ll try it over the weekend) and… maybe in the future i’ll consider building the slider :slight_smile:

Hello everybody

I would like to know if you have tested the rotative wheel we could by on amazon ?

is it able to support a 90 kgs man on it ?

thank you for you answers

GOOD

strong text

The turntables are mostly the same but with different remote controler but same function , I was able to use it with over 200lb /90kg without issues , I scanned with 20 sec per rotation. Body Mode , from top to bottom in one session 4000 frames , 300 frames per section .

POP2_fully_BODY_PopUpTheVolume2022_small

1 Like

Hi @PopUpTheVolume , that scan of the guy looks amazing!
Did you use the “fast” or “high accuracy” settings?

I have a Pop 2 and though it does have a steep learning curve, I’m loving it so far!

By the way - does color mode impact the scan quality in any way, or does it not matter? I’d like to get the best 3D-data possible, but if I can record color information as well without any negative effects, I’d love to do so.

Hi @othercookie thanks , that’s scan of my hubby .

To be honest I do not scan humans in colors , it would take so much more data and may delay everything, since usually I do around 4000 frames , not need another 4000 photos on top of it , the fusing process would be probably taking a lot of time and also amount of RAM and the results not worthy the effort or would be usable in my work . I need to make textures manually after all with proper photo materials in a very high quality .

But nobody can stop you from trying :wink:

Yes I scan in Body mode with high accuracy and one scan from top to bottom on turntable .

Amazing work !!!

• Did you use any spray on the hair ?
  • Is there the body mode in the Revo Scan 5 still ?

Thanks,

I am using transparent make up powder ( slightly green) and big brush , to slightly brush the black hair to get the shine off and it is enough without making the models hair white.
I also use it on the face skin very slightly to matte the skin of oil for better performance and sharpness of the details , just very very slightly. It is basically invisible and great for color scanning as well .

Of course there is a body mode in RS5 , at least for POP2, POP3 , Range and INSPIRE

BUT… I scan lately using High Accuracy mode and feature mode , and I scan the face at close up and the rest of the body at higher distance … I just adjust the scanning range to maximum before .

I got used to the distance already so not need the indicator anymore …

Of course if you use POP1 you need to pay attention on the back head , as you may loose tracking on the back head , try to get little away when you reach back if the head so both ears are visible from the back , it will help you to keep tracking then once you are at the side of the face you can get closer , keep the scanner at 45 degrees , never scan direct parallel to the face , always at angle to catch as much as possible features at once .

2 Likes

Do you mean in object type or where ?

Thanks

You need to change the Accuracy to lower before you can access the Body mode under Object Type .
Under High Accuracy you have only Face , you can’t scan full body with high accuracy as that would blow all of your available RAM

2 Likes