Connecting to iPad Pro 2020 via USB mode

Hello,

Tbh I’m so dissapointed right now. Connection via USB 3.0 to my laptop or desktop seems to be ok, but walking with my laptop in one hand during 3D scanning is unacceptable.

Is it possible to connect and use USB mode with iPad Pro 2020 (USB type-c)?

Of course when I was trying to connect via wifi mode I stucked, like many other users xD

I think it’s one of the worst kickstarter campaign ever. I’m feeling so cheated.

Hi, at this period, only Wi-Fi mode is available for iPad Pro, but we’re working on the USB Mode now.
You can check the guide here:[Guide] How to use Handy Scan on your iPad

I don’t think you should feel cheated. Cheated implies they released a half baked insecure product on purpose. I sincerely believe they released a half-baked product which is insecure with no idea how to fix it simply due to incompetence and lack of pre-planning. This wasn’t an intentional “screw you” as far as I can tell but more of a “let’s hope no one notices that our product is non-functional in a modern Wifi-ipad and it’s too late to fix with the limited skill set we have”. That makes me feel better about the 400 dollar brick on my shelf. It’s not a bad looking brick after all.

Hi,

You can check this post to see the connection steps of iPad version: [Guide] How to use Handy Scan on your iPad

Apparently the concept that the iPad comes in a wifi only flavor without a hotspot option is foreign to revopoint. Fortunately not many iPad pros exist because Apple isn’t very popular. Maybe Apple will offer a hardware extension module to make up for their poor choice to sell units with wifi only.

So, any update 6 weeks later?

Revopoint3d
we’re working on the USB Mode now.

Hi @Dowser

Sorry, it is still under development, and the estimated release time will be much longer than we expected.

We met many problems when applying with Apple, they have many limitations, and their response is slow.

Best Regards
Cassie