Clone yourself as a metahuman

@PUTV , @Revopoint3d-Selina

I just tried again and failed again. Those 2 plugins were not enabled, so I enabled and restarted UE5. But it crashed at the exact same point (solve metahuma)

But there’s a difference with what you did (@Revopoint3d-Selina ) and what I do:
I don’t have a obj file , I had saved my scan as ply file. So I do either one of these:

1. Convert the file to fbx using Blender
  2. Convert the file to obj using Windows 3D Builder.

How should I convert the file for UE5 ?

Use Windows 3D builder and convert the ply file to OBJ to eliminate the extra data that is not needed and that may helps in your workflow.

1 Like

Let me ask my colleague who made the video and see if he knows how to solve the problem.

Replied: Normally, 3D model software can convert ply to obj.

Ok. But when I do that I have this problem.
So maybe there is a problem with my obj file.
How big should it be ? Is there any specific properties/settings that I should care about ?

@PUTV

maybe I should post this to UE forums as you suggest.
I already opened a ticket to UE support and reported a crash, but they did not return to me.

Which forum can I use ?

Hello,

I’m back from my holydays, I’m working on a step by step tutorial. It should be published in a week.
Maybe you can send me your 3D file just to have a look?
Regards,
Fred

1 Like

When I tried Metahuman - I got very excited, then I saw the result :slight_smile:
ezgif-4-a42a6421ab

3 Likes

@fpierron

sure, I’d be glad if you could have a look.
how can I contact you ?
ans would you like me to send the original file with big size or a simplified one ?

Put everything on a cloud and send me the link at @fpierron

I’ve sent it. Were you able to access ?

This is the result. Welcome to the metaverse @ilkeraktuna !
I have to finish my video. It should available next week I believe.

1 Like

well it looks ok. so this is successful. But how did you achieve it ?
Didn’t you observe any crash ?
Can you send me the steps you did ?

1 Like

The steps I followed are the steps I show in my next video.
Just wait.

is my awful result an outcome of a unclosed scan originally or some config setting in metahuman?

Hello!
Finally, here’s my tutorial video. I thoroughly describe all the processes I do in 4 steps.

I hope it will help some of you guys.
Have a nice day and subscribe (as YouTubers say:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)
Fred

7 Likes

Hey, Fred, thanks for the detailed video. :sparkling_heart:

Not going to lie, I like that better than the real looking heads.

Greg work @fpierron! First: thanks!
Secondarily… an advice (problem with textures in Blender):
with my POP2 I’ve scanned my face, following your instructions, but with latest Revoscan 4.1.0.20220918b, after the triple process of fuse, mesh and texture, I can only export a PLY file (in the output folder I find 3 files: *_fuse.ply / *_mesh.ply / *_mesh.jpg). Viewing the resulting file in Revoscan, the scan seems perfect: correct shape and correct texture.
If I then import the file (tried both _fuse and _mesh) in Blender, I cannot see the texture of my face, only a single color object.
I think to have correctly removed the hair (only have to remove the ears) in blender, but… no way to see the texture (see below the revoscan output and blender working window). Any advice on this? Many Thanks in advance!
(after using Blender on my Mac Studio, I’ll proceed with UE5 on a Win PC, I know)

Clique the 2nd sphere from the right at the top right corner. See the screen capture.

1 Like