Calibration Issues & Tips

I just Calibrated my Beta MinI with the old board … why you saying it is not supporting it ? @shadows44

I have both Minis with old and new board and they calibrate perfectly .

Basically, the only dynamic prompt I get is “target big dots” or “target the bigger dots”. I tried to adjust the position slowly closer and further away, but I can’t get the dynamic prompts that are supposed to appear (“go closer”, “go further”, “horizontal”, “keep still”). Which is why I thought this might be a big dot pattern issue.

The board you have is not a Beta MINI board it is just Mini Board

The Beta MINI board is like the POP2 but smaller

1 Like

Thanks!
I guess that makes my issue even weirder, if the board is supposed to be supported… I use the latest Mini Firmware and Calibration Software V.1.0.1.16b on a Windows 11 PC.
Maybe I can try on another computer. Or wait for the next updated software/firmware to see if this helps.

You don’t have the proper board to do calibration , there will be no updates or anything. You need to get a proper board .
The board you have was never used in calibration software and never will .

How you got Beta MINI anyway ? Are you a beta user ?
Or you purchased it from someone else ?

Beta MINI was a prototype and there are no boards available to purchase anywhere.
All you can do now is trying to print out the Beta MINI board somehow and see if it works .

I can scan it for you and you can print it out with regular inject or laser printer and see if it works .
All the Calibration do is just taking pictures of the board so it may work .

Let me know if you want to try it out

1 Like

@shadows44
please contact customer@revopoint3d.com and ask them to send you a regular MINI calibration board , since your updated the firmware you need the standard MINI calibration board now . The one you have will not works , it never worked .

P.S that is the board you need

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information, I’ll get in touch with Revopoint!
I got the unit by Revopoint directly (this was a review unit).

Ok that make sense , the first beta units had a different boards that was never used actually in calibration.
Revopoint support my help you out with this issue.

1 Like

The dots appear to be on 15mm matrix, small dots 4.5mm, large dots 9mm diameter. Wouldn’t take too long to knock up a drawing, whether laser printing would work is another thing.

A regular laser printer , not for cutting, for printing on a paper . Inject printer black ink only works with MINI as do laser printer black ink , but with Infrared like POP2 only laser printer black ink is working

a simple scan and print on a paper is enough as long the print is flat on the surface while calibration , it can be used without issues .

1 Like

i checked mine today and out the box it was 0.16 something. after calibration which was tricky holding it by hand i managed 0.06. might get a camera tripod out and try again to get it closer to 0.03.

initial scan afterwards seems to loose track less and less whizzing out of control.

You will be better with a desktop arm than just tripod , maybe a microphone tripod since you need to move freely the scanner in various position but is that worth the investment? Not really as I never got anything better than between 230-370 on all my devices . One of them never got below 0.0900

So I would not get obsessed with it .

Tracking need a tracking points be be scanned perfectly and I never had issues with it with any of my devices, calibrated or not … some device profit from it and the surface is much better after scanning but tracking is something you need to provide to run it efficiently.

I believe you slowly developing your workflow that why you getting better scans , everything else is just a placebo pill. :wink: