Browser based Dual Axis Turntable Controller

Hello,
@SphaeroX and I are working on a WEB GUI to Control the DAT.
I Published the newest version on GitHub

the Step System will be renewed soon.
Text me if you have any issues.

4 Likes

Link to App (works on pc and MobileDevice)

best usecase with chrome browser :wink:

And try the “Start Cyle” Mode :+1:

1 Like

Good job guys , I have problem with the last section , it did not wanted to move step back, it only moved step forward , then it starting steps without stopping and can’t stop it until plug it off from power

the only issue , very nice feature btw but buttons responding funky on the last section .

Screenshot 2022-10-05 213706

the last section is still being revised, the function was written before we had the opportunity to read the current position.

2 Likes

@PUTV I will renew this function in the next few days

2 Likes

@SphaeroX has updated the Step Function, the new Version can be found on our GitHub.

Short Question to everyone.
If you use the pause function of the Step Function and you want to go back 2 steps, what did you more prefer a resume from the last position (2 steps forward) or a resume from the actual position?

In the Future, this script should work with Photogrammetry, I develop a PCB to trigger the Camera over Bluetooth and will publish the Blueprint later on GitHub.

3 Likes

Quick question.is it possible to control the S1 the same way? The controlstick is very flimsy and could allow for some great full scans changing the angle of the S1 and angle of the turntable. This was made of a 30 Cm statue in one scan using the 2 in conjunction (the S1 has legs from an Osmo Mobile to act as motor controlled tripod)

if you mean the Stabilizer with S1 at the moment we have no Control Commands.
We have to wait for the next Software update.

just wanted to ask if you got any further with the PCB to trigger camera for photogrammetry?
Would be a great feature for my new project.
Thanks in advance for letting me know.
Btw I use Sony camera, should be possible over bluetooth or usb.

@Skyrider i dont finished my project.
The code for the PCB has problems with the Bluetooth connectivity.
If i get time to fix this issue i would release it on Github to Download

I made a little research and found this, maybe to implement it could work?

Hi eXplOiD, I used now your script for some photogrammetry but it is quite time consuming press the release button manually, even with a remote…for hundred or more photos…
So I made another research and found now a better and detailed way to use the bluetooth commands for sony cameras. I think it should be not so complicate to include it in the script if be a coder…
…but I´m not :melting_face:
Do you think you have some time to look into it?
If not I would try to find someone who could help…
Best, Frank

Hey Skyrider,
at the moment i am to busy to work on it.
But i will Finish it in Future, i dont have an Sony Camera here so i cannot Test it.
Where are you from?
Probly we can do it together.

Greetings
Alex

Hi Alex, I´m from Berlin…
and yes good idea
…and just figured out I forgot to send the link with my last message. There is a github where the guy explains exactly which commands has to be used for shutter up/down etc
So if it is possible to have to bluetooth connections from the same browser, one to turn table and one to camera then it could be maybe easy to add the command to take picture.
If not 2 bluetooth connections are possible then maybe with arduino and this adafruit thing:
Adafruit NRF52840 Express
He all explains it in the video on his github:

Best,
Frank

today I made a test if the sony camera pair with “the connection/ select device” command from your
"Browser based Dual Axis Turntable Controller "and it works.
It shows it is paired…
So first step (for sony camers) maybe solved :wink: