【Announcement】Revopoint MIRACO 3D Scanner Beta Tester Recruitment!

Hi Nicolas

Beta tester need to have experiences with 3D scanning and know how to use 3D scanner to give a proper feedback on the functionality and can produce final models , so 3D skills are important .

Regarding your question, I believe you going to profit very much from MIRACO for your needs .

1 Like

I used POP 2 to fix broken Parasol handle. The inner mechanism was worn oit and the handle itself was broken. I used small ammount of glue to hild the handle in place and covered it with scanning spray.

Used POP 2 to scan the handle from both sided, and digitslly recreated the mechanism on the inside.

After finishing the digital preparation i 3d printed the new part in PLA using bambulab x1c printed and not only did it come out perfect on the first try, we still use the new on our parasol and now i have a digital file to replicate a replacement part not just for me but for anyine using zhe same series that needs that “grip”. All possible thanks to the POP2, as without it it would be impossible to recreate the shapes :slight_smile:

I use revopoint pop 2 for body scans to match my wearable 3d printable items like armor parts or helmets.

Here is an example of my 3d scanned head with revopopint pop 2 to determine the scale of a 3d printed helmet and an example print of the helmet after matching zhe size digitally :slight_smile: all thnx to revopoint pop 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a product designer by profession and my employer got a new Revopoint pop 3 so i asked if I could take it home over the weekend to test it out. I was scanning ordinary household items just to test its capabilities when my father in law came around. He’s in his 80s and could’ve quite grasp what i was doing and how the scans could be immediately 3D printed so as an example I said, “I could scan your head and use the data to create something like a Bafta award”. This was just intended to explain the process, but he took it as an offer and said “ooh, go on then - I’d like to see that” so here we are :rofl:

As Christmas season is coming again, This is still the best I scanned using my Mini. It looks so easy to scan because of lots of details. BUT, it took me 2 weeks straight just to perfectly render the 3d model. I used old version of Rrevoscan here that still having issues in tracking. However, I managed to find solutions to delete misaligned data and I think that is the foundation when i suggested to include frame-frame editing where RevoScan v5.3 now has the biggest impact of update as per many users of Revopoint scanners.

If ever you will choose me as a beta user, maybe I can give an idea again to make a big improvement to this new Miraco. I only have 6K followers in facebook but certainly, they will give an extra impact for boasting your new product. I also work in engineering, so lots of my colleagues are asking what i am using to scan objects☺️. Unluckily, I always wanted to have Range when you launched in KS, but I cant place my slot as an early bird. So, I also found the problem, when you launch your new product, Google Chrome browser is not the best option to use here in Philippines. Why I am telling this, because technicality, I can assure that I can help you to promote your new Miraco.

And the new name of your new scanner is fit to my newborn twins, the girl’s name is Mira☺️

1 Like

I had the pop2 and i really liked it but i found it difficult to use it because i had to bring around the pc or bring around the accessories to use it with my phone.

I found it difficult because, being on a wheelchair, i have no such freedom to movement / carrying stuff.

I’ve tried to make my “all-in-one” version using a raspberry 4, battery pack, display and 3d printed case (something similar to the Artec Leo). But it was bulky, unpractical and the RPI wasn’t up to the task.

Since then i gave up my pop2 waiting for an all-in-one scanner already made.
In the meantime i took a MINI (that i love) to use it when i’m at the PC but i use it way less then i’d like, since i can’t bring it around.

That’s why i’d love to be a betatester for the new Miraco.
To have something compact, easy to carry and ready to use even on a wheelchair !!

I’m a 3D/VFX artist. I use my Mini and my Inspire to scan everyday’s objects, import them in my 3d apps and retopologize them.
Ending up with great models ready to use in my 3d scenes.

I do a bit of reverse engineering with my Revopoint Mini. Below are some products that I’ve made that I retail. The first is a knife holder for the Anker EverFrost Cooler. I used the Mini to scan the area in which the knife holder would drop into place. The second a USB pod set, I scanned the panel to get a nice tolerance in which the piece I made friction locks into place. The last one is a omni directional rubberized cleat for the cooler. I used the Revopoint mini to scan the cleat itself in which I modified. Then I also scanned the area on the cooler where the cleat would attach to insure I maximized all the space available. I have other scans that I’ve made for work. But I can’t share those since I’m in the middle of filing provisional patents.

Sorry for the small images, I’m only able to post one media file since I’m ‘new’.
Cheers!

This is the biggest reason I’m looking forward to the Miraco. Currently, I have to find a home for the laptop and then use the scanner in areas that are not always easy to do so. There are other projects I’d like to tackle but slow to take on because I really don’t feel like hauling all the equipment and setup to places like motorcycle dealerships, etc. The Miraco, would allow me to get on-site, scan in a relatively public and active space for the dealer. Currently, I can’t do that because when I setup, it can be a bit too intrusive to the business.

What a fantastic showcase of what people are up to with the Revopoint technology.

My main use at the is for automotive items which I am pleased to say allows me to use several scanners though a single one that covers all would be nice, its definitely an exciting development to see the MIRACO.

For the larger scans I use the Range scanner, and for smaller either the Mini or Pop3.

Here are a selection of scans, taken with my scanner and laptop.

BMW gearbox scan - this is to create an adaptor plate to fit to an AJ30 Jaguar engine

Ford Focus exhaust flange - Original item scanner to allow aftermarket flange and exhaust

Throttle bodies dismantled and respaced with 3d printed spacers, scan to be added to AJ30 project mentioned above

Oil filter assembly to create adaptor plate

Nissan Micra K11 scans for creation of bespoke bodykit

Hello everyone,

I recently started using 3D scanners after picking up the range during the kickstarter.
I had a lot of fun scanning my son, then my brother-in-law and even my father-in-law.
I had fun putting my brother-in-law’s head on this Cesar’s bust, but also scanning my hand in order to make family and friends laugh a little.

I’m a maker who loves discovering all the awesome possibilities that come out over time. I manage several Facebook groups, but I am also very active on different networks. I also have a small YouTube channel to share my passions.

I learn every day and I’m always curious to see what’s new and to share. I am really curious about the possibilities of this MIRACO and I am ready to help it evolve and provide feedback that can help as much as possible.

I also made a few small pieces to print in 3D to make it easier to organize my storage but also to INSPIRE it.
But also practical parts to repair everyday objects such as the seat of my children’s outdoor games.

You can see some of my creations on my Facebook profile ;-): Facebook
In any case thank you for reading and…

Long life and prosperity, may the power of print be with you!

Hi friends!

I’ve been a long time user of the Revopoint products, and I’ve used MINI, POP2, POP3 and Range. I would be honored if you would consider me for testing MIRACO, as I have a great passion for scanners and I would love to help the team make even better products!

I already created a post were I showcased some of my scans (you can find it here: RANGE, POP 2, POP 3, MINI Showcase (by the texture guy)) I’m not sure if for the contest you’d like me to repost the same images or the link is enough?

I have also taken a few extra quick scans with POP3 just for the occasion:

And I’d also like to share this scan I did some time ago with Range of facial expressions:

Taking these took just a few minutes, and I could process them into the character creator I’m developing smoothly, and the details of the wrinkles was perfectly captured :star_struck: :sparkling_heart:

I wanted to take some more scans with my MINI for this occasion, but it seems it won’t be possible due to some problem with the device that I’m trying to sort out with the customer service, so for now this is all I have!

Please check out the scans of my showcase in the link above. There are many more examples there :star2:

I hope you like it!

2 Likes

Hi, I make copper skulls. The can be see on IG under @madebyrasa
I have been scanning with Lidar for over 20 years, but love scanning small things now. Its great to have access to this price point. I have most Revopoint scanners and hardware. The new unit would be great for when I scan people. This is my son, immortalized in copper.

3 Likes

Hello! There are a lot of awesome cases with revopoint 3d-scanners. It is great, that with such an affordable device people can make such a projects.
So, here you can see some of my projects i made this year. Thanks for watching and reading.

1. My first project was made with Revopoint POP2 3D-scanner. It is a 3D scan of belt covers for Audi 100 V6 2.8.

2. This project was made with Revopoint mini. It is mechanism of a car mirror. Broken part was 3D-scanned and reproduced in EPA-CF.

3. Housing for 4WD Buggy. 3D scan of the body was made with Revopoint pop2.

4. Rare air filter for retro motorbike. Made with revopoint pop2

5. Here you can see a mounts of car suspension. This scan was used in developing a custom mount. Scanning with Revopoint pop2.

6. Fog lamp casing for Mitsubishi Legnum. Scanning with Revopoint pop2.

7. Heliocode, scanned with revopoint Mini, 3d printed in resin.

8. 3D scanning a steering wheel to make a custom panels. Made with revopoint mini

9. A hokey skates toe and it’s 3d-printed copy. Made with Revopoint mini

10. Holder for the metalic rods. Made with revopoint mini. This scan was used for inspection purpose.

11. Part of philips food processor. Revopoint pop 2

12. 3D scan and 3D print of a person. Revopoint pop2

13. 3D scan of a sculpture (made of clay) and it reproduction in plastic. Revopoint mini

14. Smith and nephew camera mount was broken. I made a 3D scan of a broken part and its 3D printed copy. Revopoint mini.

15. 3D scan of a mountain bike saddle. Was made to develop a custom bag.

16. 3D scanning and 3D printing a complex 18650 battery casing. Revopoint mini

17. 3D scanning and making a custom panels for VW Teramont headlights. Revopoint pop2

18. 3D scanning of a Mercedes GLK fenders (frond and rear) to make custom fenders. I am working on this project now. Revopoint pop2

Hope, you enjoy this! Thanks for watching!

1 Like

Wow ! i would really love to see how you get those facial expression. it look like being scan with only one frameat same angle because of the cutout

Thanks! I sat the actor in my computer chair and rotated the chair from left to right 180 degrees to scan the face from ear to ear. The whole scanning took less than 30 seconds :star_struck:

I didn’t care much about the details below the chin, so the jowl is a bit flat, but even then, Range captured almost the complete face! I cropped the back of the head where the chair and the actor’s hair was to make the model lighter to process

1 Like

It’s possible that I’m already par of your Beta Tester program after my last Teams meeting with you guys, but here’s a few of my latest pieces. At present I’m predominantly working on a miniaturisation project, where I’m taking already-small 28mm miniatures, scanning them with the MINI in order to then reduce them in scale by 50% and then print them out, in order to create travel-friendly versions of very travel-UNfriendly games… specifically for a tabletop gaming event UI run each year based on an island, where the only way on and off is by helicopter and luggage is very limited!

1 Like

Hi,
it’s my turn,
I will present myself and some of my project with revopoint scanner.
I start scanning with structured light scanner 10 years ago, with kinect and primesense scanner. You can see my first video on the subject here : Kinect Scan 3D on Vimeo. It was a bit dificult at this time, discovering the hardware and the tool to make my scan usable.
It show me the way to photogrammetry and now it became part of my job. i scan things, i’am a CG guy, making 3D stuff for real time environment, doing diy project sometime.
Since 2014 and aquisition of primesense by apple their was no more affordable scanner on the market. Kinect was outdated and scanning people with photogrammetry process is hard without a high price rig

Then i discover Revopoint

First Revo scan i brought was revopop 2, perfect to scan people,

My second Repo scan was Range, felt in love instantly. I spend time in museum, taking photo to get some reference image but light in those place are not fine for 3d reconstruction with photo: spot light, hard shadow, reflecting polished stone. I give range a try and boom :

I scan a batch off statues at Guimet museum, I have been trying to scan some since 2017 without any good result. My workflow is on point now. i can scan, make 3d print and even lightweight 3d model fo VR.
You can find a photo of this statue here :

https://www.guimet.fr/collections/afghanistan-pakistan/bodhisattva-debout/
This statue is 1,20meter high but with stand is near 2m

The last scanner i own is Mini,
i do many diy project with adruino and raspberry, trying to make some scanning rif, for photometric stereo scanning, to get different element of real material, to make 3d shader, but also for fun project. Mini is very useful in this case. Doing retroengeniering scan to create some custom part.

creating some new design for retro console

or recreate loose part for old retro computer monitor

or bicycle spare part

The next adventure for me will be mixing structuded light scanning and photogrammetry, with digital camera and 3d scanner, quite the mix i can see in miraco but hey, my solution is not really as portable as yours :sweat_smile:

If i can be your beta tester for miraco i will test it for a large range of usage, from inhouse to outdoor scanning, for retro engeniering, avatar scanning, environnent asset and 3d printing… plus weird things :grin:(automated scanning proccess with auto remeshing and texturing with blender geonode) i will make video tutorial avaliable online with entire workflow, from scanning to usable mesh or printable object.

2 Likes

My name is Federico, i’m an assistant professor at the university of Genoa, where i teach advanced 3D modeling with CAD softwares, during the year the students will learn to use of 3D softwares and 3D printers as well;

My goal is to introduce them also to the 3D scanning world,
I have worked for a company that deal with high level 3D scanners at metrology grade;

I could use high level 3D scanners to teach my students how it works, but they are expensive, my dream is that showing them the technology and its advantages, the students would dream to have one, with the accessible price of the Revopoint 3D scanners they can buy one easily,

I think ‘‘trying’’ and ‘‘doing’’ is the best way to learn!!

In the past few months i had the opportunity to try the Revopoint MINI, the POP2 and i personally backed on kickstarter the revopoint RANGE,

let me say they are amazing!

• With the revopoint MINI i can 3D scan every small detail, but it suffer at big objects,

• With the RANGE i can easily 3D scan big object but the level of detail is not even close to the mini,

• With the POP2 we have a good compromise, but with the MIRACO we are at another level!

If i will have the possibility to became a beta tester i will use the MIRACO to teach my students, letting them try and discover the huge possibilities of that technology!

the following Pictures show some of the objects that i 3D scanned with the Revopoint MINI, POP2 and RANGE

With the mini i 3D scanned a component of the wheel of a prototype McLaren, i did the Reverse Engineering and optimezed the shape with CAD software and validate it with FEM and Dimensional analisys softwares

With the Revopoint RANGE i 3D scanned the car body of the McLaren Prototype

With the Revopoint POP2 i 3D scanned all the interno front components under the front car body:

All the components that i 3D scanned are of the same Car, i needed to use 3 different revopoint scanners to achieve these amazing results! but with the MIRACO i could do everything with just one and i think it is a game changer and i really would like to test it out!!

Best Regards
Federico

1 Like

I see a lot of beautiful projects and scan works guys …

Much success with your entries …

2 Likes