X3msnake - INSPIRE 3D Scanner Showcase

For custom insoles you need to scan the bottom of your fit while standing on glass or plexy glass for best fit … for that reason most people creates imprints on a special foam and scan it after for reverse engineering of the insoles .

I am thinking to make a 3D print of the feet and use them as a planter… I like bizarre and unique stuff :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes but taking a foot selfie while standing on glass is a challenge :slight_smile:

Besides the opensource software Gensole does not require that

That foot planter idea is quite nice. might look into doing a rotocasting or slush mold from cement of my foot :stuck_out_tongue:

The cement idea is nice , would be great for a garden decor with some plants inside . Or just as an ornament under a bush :laughing:

But the foot changes it’s form while standing including toes .
Orthopedic insoles required that position .
No standing foot will never provide the proper support if insoles are based on it …
That’s a fact !
If you create simple insole based on the overall form and size only , then it is another subject . I refered to orthopedic insoles created from 3D scans to support proper the arch and foot position while walking .

2 Likes

yes, for that you need pressure scan or you can rig bones and do a simulation (not) :stuck_out_tongue:

MIRACO for reverse Enginnering (WIP)

Mares scuba valve repair

Inspire used to reverse engineer a mares scuba gear valve and build a replacement valve to be printed at full infill in ABS

1 Like