Wooden shoe Pop1

A Dutch wooden shoe. Pop1
Remeshed in Rhino

2 Likes

I’m impressed that you got so much detail in the toe of the shoe.

1 Like

Thank you.
The challenge was the inside. Most of the inside could be reached, more then I expected.

1 Like

But how? Cavities inside an object always drive me into desperation. Did you move the scanner very close or very far? Maybe even outside the “too far” range?

As close as possible, with different angles while rotating the shoe back and forth.
Feature mode. Scanner mounted on an adjustable microphone arm.

1 Like

“As close as possible” is interesting. As far as I heard from other users, the general advice for cavities and holes is to put the scanner as far away as possible. That’s because the two ir-cameras on the far sides need to be able to “look” into the cavity at the same time, and the laser pattern emitted by the source in the center of the scanner also has to be projected into the depth of the cavity.
As good as it is for Revopoint to have chosen an IR pattern in sense of eye security and comfort and less interference with lighting, it sometimes would be helpful to be able to actually see the pattern on the object, in order to judge where to put the scanner and how to orient it.

Thanks for your explanation.
The reason I got more of the cavity scanned by keeping the scanner close, is because the inside is convex, and bringing the scanner closer brings more of the inside (top) surface of the toe box in sight of the camera’s and projector.
For the part of the inside under the heel I think you are absolutely right.

1 Like