Revo 5.0.2 help asking a think

Is possible into the first page add or remove project…
It’s difficolt for me now because I have so many project…
and I don’t understand nothing…
I means a think like that…

I have plenty of project…
and the only way I have to understand what I have inside… is rename the principal directory…
also because when we scan with phone we have one projet for one scan…

and I must open modify and save for after join all toghether… many scan…

so if I don’t know of I have into my project became difficolt to do that…
and If I load all thet projet into version 5.0.2 it crashes or it’s empty the memory…
so it could be intersting the possibility to load and unload the project into the program…
let me know if is possible into new version…

You will need huge amounts of RAM to process all the projects at once .
Or it will crash .

The maximum number is 9 to merge using Feature and 2 to merge via marker point

If you want for all your projects to show up on the home list , it will take lots of memory even more .

You need a way to better organize your projects to make it works , edit them proper one by one and load only fused scans that already clean and ready for merge .
This way you will save memory , scans can be huge so loading a lot of them at once will request higher amount of RAM

I know, but how I can add or remove project from the program…

I don’t know the way…

For now I have changed name of the first directory so the program can’t find anymore and it leave from the program…

Is for that I ask to add into the new version of 5.0.2 the programmer can insert the way to do that… if is possible…

So for me and other user it’s more easy handle all the scan…

Or may be there is a way that I don’t know…

Let me know

thanks

You need to load your project to the software from the Homepage , edit and save and it should show up in the project list .

Same with removing , but it will remove it permanently.

You can’t manipulate manually the list , the list is not a browser of your folder , it is a list of the last projects you worked on , nothing else

Revo software seems to be very inefficient at handling big 3d files, you should try out Meshlab or Cloud Compare as they’re specially designed for such processing.

Hi @Sheeter Cloud compare actually slightly choking on my Range scans but I have no issues in Revo Scan 5 editing them , if someone have not enough RAM, other software may not help much in the process .

So I haven’t understand how I can rempve the file from the list without eliminate from the PC…
there is a way…
I have understand the 9 scan that I can align all toghether… It will be very helpfull to join the scan into one project…(I now that for now is impossible but… hope into future…)
My big problem is that a I can’t put my model onto a rotating table, due to the weight or due to unamovible pieces…
so I must work quite always outside…
I need a software that can handle 4-5 different scan all toghether… or a way when I use telephone to join all the scan made with that…

Let me know…

If you remove the project from the list it will be removed from your PC .

There is no other way , the list is not a browser of your folder , it just show your last open /edited projects
It is a virtual list and you should get over it as there is no way and never was to manipulate that list , not in RS4 and not in RS5 … you can only add projects and permanently remove them from your PC and not showing there what you want as that would make no sense .

Long time ago removing projects from the list did not erase them permanently from the mail folder , but because of users request it is now permanent and will be not changed back again , as majority of the users did not wanted that .

I understand your frustration , but you need to find a better way to manage your projects and since you scanning outdoors with your phone and can have only one scan per project it make it only more difficult .

I told you already to edit the projects one by one and create a new project on PC and load all the clean fused files so you can keep them all together undef one clear named project for better organized way .

Why make it all so difficult ?

I know that i’m difficolt… but I try to understand a way that can help me and other user. probably I’m complicatet… but It’s about 20 years that I play with scanner… and I have learned in that way to organize the scan… and is difficolt to change… I try…
I 'm looking also for a way to catalogate all my scan… if you know a way or a system… let me know…
here an example I have put all the image of my scan into one directory so I can find the name and have a list of all the scan to remember how I have…
I looking a way to catalog all that… and all the new scan made with revo…
thaks for all help you can give me…

1 Like

Not really difficult , you just want to have a clear way and at this moment it is hard to keep good tracking when you have lots of scans, And since the project itself changed it include more than one scan so more difficult .

Hopefully things going to change for better , we are still in beta and at the beginning … things going to be better with the time .