Question about MIRACO

I don’t mixed anything

Precision has nothing to do with accuracy
If you saw accuracy of 0.02mm it was probably a mistake as people often mix that terms together . Probably webmaster made error .

Accuracy and precision are two measures of observational error. Accuracy is how close a given set of measurements are to their true value ( how well the scanned object can be reproduced in their details and volume compared to the original object ) , while precision is how close the measurements are to each other ( meaning how accurate are the scans each time an object is scanned for example you scan half part of the object and then second part of the object, the error between the 2 scanned parts in measurement is maximal to 0.02mm what is excellent ). In other words, precision is a description of random errors while scanning .

Of course MIRACO accuracy is slightly above 0.05mm , maybe 0.04-0.03mm actually but it differ between each devices and random calibration between the sensors . O.05mm accuracy are the default statements and never above that .

Revopoint never put specifications that are unreal . Always downgrading them slightly down , compared the true values just to be safe what is a very honest of them to do . And yes I am always checking the latest values of the Beta prototype before releases to be 100% sure …

*Higher Accuracy ( lower values are better)
Precision ( lower values are better )
Resolution Point Cloud ( lower values are better)
Resolution Meshing ( higher values are better )

I hope that explains it better …

3 Likes