Plinth Suggestion for Revopoint

Hi,

I’ve been playing with the Pop2 and noticed it is able to scan a lot of small, slightly shiny things that I didn’t expect it would be able to. But it tends to lose tracking, which seems to be a common thing people are struggling with.

I found that temporarily mounting small objects to a larger, fairly irregular object (something that can easily be removed from the mesh) really helps. You guys know this device and how it tracks better than anyone - could you throw together an .stl file of a little plinth/stand that people could 3D print and scan with their objects to help the tracking?

Have a search on this forum. Others have already designed this and have offered their 3D design for printing.

Cool. Cheers fella

I did a search initially and didn’t see anything. But now that I know there should be something, I’ll have a more exhaustive look.

Try: https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/revopoint-pop-2-complete-scan-of-a-plumbing-adapter-using-scan-plate-prototype/4759/18

I know… my friends and I developed it. What you see in this video is the prototype I made with my CO2 laser cutter and acrylic from a flat panel TV.