Miraco Pro Plus with Photogrammetry kit UNBOXING - Modception

New addition to the ecosystem: Miraco Pro Plus and the new Photogrammetry kit!
This time we are not screwing around, you get something that few professional scanners provide: coded target system and calibrated scale bars! GOD DAMN!
This will lead us to accurate large scale scans, finally! This IS a big deal actually!
Lets see what you will receive in the package:

The Miraco itself comes in a standard cardboard box with foam cutouts inside for secure shipping.
The Photogrammetry kit comes in a small metal breif case, ready to use, as any professional measurement tools should. Really, really nice!

Inside the Photogrammetry kit you will find a bag of standard 6mm markers, the roughly 200 coded targets and the 4 calibrated scale bars.
The scale bars are made of carbon fibre, excellent choice for low weight, durability and thermal stability. (low heat expansion)

Opening up the Miraco box, First you will be greeted with the near mode glass calibration board, which is the same as the POP3 plus calibration board. Also to my surprise, a fitting carry bag for on the go scanning. The bag has a small front pocket for cables, markers and other accessories.

One layer down, you will find some welcome extra accessories: the marker top for the included small turntable, the near and far mode magic mats. These are so convenient to use. I used to have a board with marker dots on it, but never took it with me because of the size and weight. This is a pretty elegant solution for that and is so nicely done.

Going deeper we reach the Miraco scanner itself, a charging brick and charging cable and the trademark test subject bust. :slight_smile:

The carry case proudly wearing the revopoint logo on it, opening it up reveals some more accessories: small turntabe and power cable for it, a USB A to C adapter, a USB-C to HDMI adapter to see your scanning work on a larger screen, a strong tripod mount for the scanner, a leather hand strap for safety and a little cleaning cloth.

The Miraco scanner is a pretty hefty unit, feels good in the hand both ergonomically and material quality. Compared to the other handheld scanners I use, it is more intuitive for simpler tasks, really feels like a photo camera. The UI is very well thought out, so far I can reach anything I might need during scanning with either my left or right thumbs.
I will continue with my experience in my other topic:

4 Likes