MIRACO and MIRACO Pro Trade-in Offer for MIRACO Plus

Dear supporters,

Since the release of MIRACO Plus, we’ve noticed some feedback and would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns and share information about our trade-in policy.

1. Why MIRACO and MIRACO Pro are not compatible with the Photogrammetric Metrology Kit (PMK)?

After extensive testing, we discovered that due to hardware limitations, the MIRACO and MIRACO Pro didn’t perform to an acceptable level of quality when used with the PMK.

2. What’s MIRACO and MIRACO Pro’s future?

We will continue to support the MIRACO and MIRACO Pro with regular software updates to enhance their capabilities for the foreseeable future. Both products remain an integral part of our flagship range of scanners.

3. Do you need MIRACO Plus and the PMK?

That depends on whether you need to scan large objects like cars, ship or aircraft parts with stable volumetric accuracy. If so, the combination of the PMK and MIRACO Plus offers high-resolution capture of small details on large objects while ensuring high volumetric accuracy.

4. What is the Trade-in policy?

We’re offering a trade-in program for those interested in upgrading to the MIRACO Plus. Simply pay the price difference between your current device and the MIRACO Plus. (Please note that if you purchased the MIRACO or MIRACO Pro at a discount, the discounted price will be considered the trade-in value.) For more details, please get in touch with us at customer@revopoint3d.com

Thank you for your continued support. We’re committed to providing you with the best technology and service.

Sincerely,

The Revopoint team

9 Likes

I hope the trade-in difference is reasonable. I bought the miraco to do large things like shown below at a local foundry. I lost the business because the Miraco couldnt do the task. Im hoping with this Plus and PMK ill be able to secure the business.

Has the PMK been tested on items like this? I dont want to go in to this potential customer again and it fail.

Wow, I’m really excited. What company does something like that? I mean, when a new smartphone comes out, I have to live with my old one. Big respect for that @Revopoint !

Quick question, the marker mode will come for the old Miraco, right?

2 Likes

The Global Marker feature was planned for the previous version of MIRACO , but if it is still on the table after yesterday decision ( the deal above ) not sure , propably yes since it is very similar to regular marker mode . I am actually in process of testing it .

2 Likes

Hi @MidwestA
PMK requires lots of markers to be used , same way as regular markers plus PMK markets and PMK bars . PMR requires a reverse engineering processing , it will not produce out of the box clean scan , it will have lots of imperfection from the bars and PNK big markers that need to be edited on the surface using 3D editor software , so if you use the scans as a base for reverse engineering then yes … You will need to place small regular markers and PMK markers at 8 cm distance , a lot of them and there is no cheating .

With PMK you can capture perfectly any volume you wish , but the process is very time consuming that require patience and 3D modeling skills after scanning, beyond Revo Scan 5 for professional results .

If you scan a very big volumes , remember you will need a lot of markers placed on prepared surfaces 8 cm apart , and hacks with a tape as you showing in your images is not really the proper way of using PMK .

That is one heck of a deal. Buy Miraco, use it for nearly a year and then trade it in for what you paid for it. Amazing.

1 Like

I am going to trade in my own MIRACO PRO I bought 5 months ago … the deal is sweet like a honey !

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) the only Miraco I have is my test unit. Can’t really trade that in :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah Andy , forgot you have beta device .

I Hope the Trade-In also includes the Aluminium Case and the Glass Calibration Board

Of course, it belongs all together …

Without it you can’t proper use it …

1 Like

while the trade in offer is very generous, especially if you bought the original Miraco at retail, it seems a little unfair to the kickstarter backers. the price of the Plus should reflect the discount it would have been listed for on kickstarter.

for example, if retail for the Pro was $1500, and you got it on kickstarter for $1000, the price of the Plus ($1700) should be more like $1200 for those backers. yes, there is risk getting in early on kickstarter, but i feel without those backers, the original miraco may have never existed, let alone the Plus.

MIRACO and MIRACO Plus was sold to over 10.000 people after KS , they founding MIRACO Plus and everything that come after in the future by supporting it via the full retail price purchases , you as KS baker founded MIRACO and MIRACO Pro As all the money went into the production of your pledges, let move on , nobody owe any body nothing . You already got your pledge as thank you for your support , it was not a lifetime update deal …

KS bakers are entitled to nothing in this situation , what is unfair in this situation are emotional blackmail comments like that .

I will lock this thread if this continues, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing …

1 Like

clearly there is some sort of misinterpretation here. i said nothing ‘not nice’ nor was there any ‘blackmail’ involved…simply a comment on the trade in. you/the company are free to agree or disagree, but berating me for inquiring is very unprofessional.

for what it’s worth, i do believe the original Miraco was advertised to be able to scan anything, large objects such as cars included. it appears that it is not fully up to that task, as there is a new updated version to do it.

i don’t even need to scan large objects (as of now) so as long as you don’t abandon the original versions, and continue to support them, it will continue to work for me.

The "not nice " was not to you but to others , I read your opinions and I gave you my own correcting the facts . Nothing personal here

Yet you continue now into the negative subject about because you don’t got what you wanted yet talking about "being professional ’ , you never scanned anything big yet, your assumptions are pure insinuations without backup . You have no idea what Metrology Kit is and why it was developed or even if you need it or not.

you can scan pretty good large objects with MIRACO you don’t need anything else , Metrology kit is more for professionals that scanning really huge flat objects where the volume accuracy is important on the full length, it is beyond customer grade level and definitely you don’t need that .To use it proper you will need a full 3D reverse engineering skills and very good 3D modeling skills to be able to use the raw data .
It is nothing you scan and print for your amusement … It is to collect pure data and build a 3D model from it.

You still talking are you ? Nobody stopped you from doing so.

Nobody abandon 10.000 users … Just because you assuming it don’t makes it right.

I post my note for others to not continue drilling into negative subject of this topic.
I posted the actual facts
And please don’t start with the you/the company line
I am the moderator here and make sure this topic don’t turns into conspiracy theories as it already started. This is a private forum with own rules , and you as guest should respect it .

You have a serious inquire? please write to customer@revopoint3d.com

Again, I have nothing personal against you
I am just not allowing this thread to turn into complanning thread , so please stay on topic .

Thank you

I purchased a pro a few months ago. So not to happy.

1 Like

I purchased Pro 7 months ago for exact the same price as Plus , why not be happy about ? I don’t have to pay a cent extra …

I am forever a fan of revopoint and this forum, without you guys I would not have known about this action.

1 Like

Will send out my MIRACO Pro tomorrow and will get my MIRACO Plus with PMK on Thursday! Great!

1 Like