Manual white balance

Don’t think it has been asked before, could’t find any posts mentioning it.
If we already have manual exposure control for the RGB sensor, can we please also have a manual white balance control? Or at the very least WB lock feature?

2 Likes

I vote for that too , for now I set on auto and quick move to manual hoping the WB stays the proper way , sometimes I am lucky , sometimes I am not, today I tried to scan something in color everything was neon blue , changed my light to orange nothing changed … frustrating

I once scanned my hand and it was all blue :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was my case yesterday , blue light made it even more blue the WB did not adjusted itself automatic, today it works fine … it has brain on its own .

I concur, having a feature allowing to lock the white balance would definitely be most useful. I currently find it quite hard to obtain the texture you want.

Before you begin scanning , set the RGB to auto mode , after you are happy what you see in the preview, change to manual and lock in the settings , that is only way to keep the same white balance to the end of scanning , do not use auto while scanning as it will result in different tones of the textures and light .

1 Like

Hey PopUpTheVolume!

Thank you for the advice! I think I tried that already, but each time you setup the preview, the settings are reverted to default when you actually start scanning. Or at least I remember it so, but I’m not so sure anymore. I’ll give it another try and let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like