Feature Request: Pre-Fusion + Keyframe ICP + Final Fusion

A blood cell is 0.001mm, so 10x smaller.

But anyway, I didn’t mean that I will reach 0.01mm precision, but that using ICP can probably make things 0.01mm more precise, meaning from 0.08mm down to 0.07mm or something like that.

The raw frames can already be exported as point clouds: Revoscan Flayer (Frame Player)

Well, the hardware is capable of about 0.02mm accuracy in the Z direction, but only 0.1mm in X and Y. (600 px depth map over 64mm at 12cm distance)

The current software is aligning X and Y at about 0.1mm accuracy, which then becomes the accuracy of the resulting scan. But with the correct technique and multiple overlapping scans, exports with 0.02mm accuracy might be possible. Just like how iPhone cameras produce a picture quality that people initially thought impossible with such a small sensor, good software might well 2x or 5x the resolution of the resulting point cloud for a 3D scanner.

But in any case, what I’m asking for here isn’t anything exotic. The competition already has pre-fusion and ICP processing. But RevoScan doesn’t have it yet.