Fashion for Virtual Reality

Hi, I spent the other day teaching fashion students how to scan their clothes being worn by models.It was great fun, the students all got to try their hand at scanning. We will be processing the scans to make VR Avatars.
We were using a MIRACO Pro and MIRACO Plus
I made a small lighting kit to attach to the scanners.

IMG20240924101652

IMG20240924105216

4 Likes

Looks like a lot of fan Mike !
Thanks for sharing !

The MIRACO is perfect for this task, it is so easy to use and we did most of the post processing on board the scanners. Being able to show what each student was doing via HDMI on the big screens was very valuable.

1 Like

I see the color per vertex looking very good as well , looks like the additional lighting helped a lot .

Great work! The scan shows how difficult it can be since you keep moving your arms a little. Here is a little trick how to retouch it: https://youtu.be/GHj0DPZiDWk

SphaeroX, Thank you !
The students did all of the scans themselves, the fact that first time users of ANY 3D scanner can get such impressive results is pretty amazing and a testament to the MIRACO.
One problem that I hadnt thought of was how much their dresses move during scanning.
The students also scanned very slowly (despite my prompts) so that allowed the fabric to move too much.
My next step is using Reality Capture to copy the texture from the Hi Rez scans to the low Poly models.

3 Likes