[FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions about POP

1.Accuracy and Principle

How accurate is POP?

A: The POP can output up to 0.3mm accuracy.

What’s the resolution?

A: 64000 points per frame.

Why is the accuracy of POP **higher than Others? **

What 's the principle of POP adopted?

Why is POP better than photogrammetry (free) with phone / camera + software and scanner made from Kinect, Realsense and Lidar?

A: The POP adopts dual camera + unique microstructured light technology, which can output a much higher precision accuracy and obtain good details, very easy to use. However, the photogrammetry (Scan by apps on phones scanning process is very time-consuming and has low accuracy. Similarly, the model obtained by Kinect has almost no details. Pop is the first consumer-grade price, professional-grade data 3D scanner.

You can download our models from Sketchfab at Revopoint3d (@Revopoint3d) - Sketchfab and view more videos on our YouTube channel to check the accuracy and details.

Could you please describe how does the quality compare with iPhone’s LIDAR?

A: POP has higher accuracy than LIDAR, we are more professional, please refer to the models POP scanned at Revopoint3d (@Revopoint3d) - Sketchfab

Q1: W hat’s the accuracy of 0.3mm on pop’s product page referring to? Like the smallest detail that it can scan or is the dimensional accuracy of the scan to the actual product?

A: Accuracy, in fact, refers to how close to the actual object we have come in creating its virtual copy. It’s the dimensional accuracy of the scan to the actual product. And the accuracy dimension is measured by specialized measurement instruments.

please refer to the models POP scanned at Revopoint3d (@Revopoint3d) - Sketchfab

Is the 0.3mm resolution achievable?

A: Yes, POP could reach each parameter we promised.

What is the resolution of the depth sensor?

A: The depth camera resolution is 1280×800.

What’s the smallest item you were able to scan successfully?

A: POP could scan the object around 30 x30 x30(mm), please refer to the small object scanning at Revopoint POP Object Scan 8, Scan small objects - YouTube

What’s the difference between the accuracy of 0.1mm (CR-Scan 01) and 0.3mm (POP)?

A: POP can reach the 0.1mm accuracy we promised; and for further information about POP and CR-Scan 01, Please refer to products review at Which one is the best 3d scanner under $1000? Creality CR Scan 01 or Revopoint POP? - YouTube

C an I obtain a better scanning result if I scan more frames?

H ow many frames that I can scan/take to get a better-quality model?

Is there a limit on how many frames that I can scan/take to get a better quality model?

A: Scanning repeatedly can’t help the accuracy, only a closer scan distance can improve it.

Scanning one round at each part of the object will get a better result.

And the scan frames differ from objects. The larger the object is, the more frames it probably needs.

Is there a fully manual mode in the software? Like a mode where I can change various settings in order to try to get the best possible model that the pop is capable of?

A: No. For parameters (Exposure & Gain) adjusting, it’s Anto first, then Manual. There is no fully manual mode, but we will open more to users in the near future. If any suggestions, please send messages to Forum at https://forum.revopoint3d.com/

W hat’s the function of GRB and Home buttons?

A: RGB is for reviewing color/no-color models;

Home is for backing model to the middle of the 3D preview window.

Is there any way to increase the resolution of the much smaller object, like Hi-res mode?

A: Now, we do not suggest users to scan objects smaller than 30x30x30mm. For cases canned by POP scanner, please refer to sketchfab at Revopoint3d (@Revopoint3d) - Sketchfab or Thingivese at Search Thingiverse - Thingiverse

For more high-precision requirements, we will update our new product. Any suggestions, please send messages to forum@revopoint3d.com.

Why does the spec. p resent the minimum size restriction?

A: The minimum size means that you can obtain a good result at the size of 30x30x30mm and above. Please refer to our small objects scanning at Revopoint POP Object Scan 8, Scan small objects - YouTube

How can I get a good result/details?

A:While scanning, please keep “Excellent” distance.

And the accuracy scanned by phone is a bit lower than your laptop, if you want a better detail, please scan with your laptop.

T he scanned model surface is not smooth and it seems like I didn’t get a good details/result. How many rounds should I scan to get a good result? The more scan frames, the better results?

A:Scanning one round of each area of the object can obtain a good result.

Repeatedly scanning at the same part could result in uneven surface of scanned model.

2. Speed/Frame Rate**

How’s the scanning speed?

A: The Frame rate is the 8 Hz, 8 (FPS) frame per second. And this speed could be reached in the PC with the lowest configuration i5 and 4G RAM.

Does POP have requirements to a PC

A: For Windows:Win 8/ Win 10, Memory: ≥4G;

For running smoothly, what’s the PC recommended?

A: It’s recommended the PC of windows10, 64bit, 16G and above, i7。

3. RGB

What is the RGB on the lower right corner of Handy Scan?

A: To check color model/ monochrome model;

Does it produce color 3D model?
A: Yes, POP with a 2M RGB camera, capturing the vivid color and export texture model.

What the resolution of RGB Camera?
A: POP is with a 2Mega RGB camera, 2 megapixels.

Will it be possible to export frames from the color data? Extra points if it also saves photo position in 3d space.

A: No, it doesn’t support to save the frames of color data. You can export a 3D model with color. If you export a 3D file with texture, it will have a texture file and a 3D file.

**4.What is the output file?

A: you can output files in stl, ply, and obj.

How do I find my color 3d files?

Is ply. file a point cloud? What’s the file type?

A: If you save scanned 3d model as ply File .

NAME.ply (Point Cloud)

NAME_mesh.ply (Mesh no color)

NAME_mesh_tex.ply (Mesh with color)

NAME_mesh_tex.jpg (Texture color image)

If you save a scanned 3d model as stl. format :

NAME.ply (Point Cloud)

NAME_mesh.stl (Mesh no color)

Note: **Stl does not support the color model.

If you save a scanned 3d model as obj. format:

NAME.obj (Point Cloud)

NAME_mesh.obj (Mesh no color)

NAME_mesh_tex.obj (Mesh with color)

NAME_mesh_tex.mtl

NAME_mesh_tex.jpg (Texture color image)

***NAME_mesh_tex.obj, NAME_mesh_tex.mtl, and NAME_mesh_tex.jpg consist of a color 3d model together.

Is it possible to export the high polygon mesh or just an optimized/decimated mesh?

A: You can export a point cloud file, and make the polygon mesh by software, such as Geomagic, Fusion 360, Rhinor, Zbrush,etc…

Can the scanned model be 3D printed directly?

A: Yes, the output file formats include stl, ply, obj. And the monochrome printer is in STL format and POP can directly output closed mesh models for direct 3D printing.

Is it possible to scan an object, output the stl. File and print the scanned 3D image out specifying the thickness of the object to be printed to reduce weight?

A: POP will only offer you a 3D model, you can adjust the thickness of the printed object by yourself.

5. What can Scan?

What can POP scan? What can’t POP scan?

What ’s the suggestions on objects to be scanned?

A: There are few objects that POP can’t scan. Here are some notes you need pay attention to while scanning with a POP 3d scanner:

Don’t scan an object when the sun beats down;

For objects deformed easily or moveable, keep them still while scanning;

For transparent/ black & shining objects, scan spray is needed.

For objects with simple features, user markers to help scanning.

For details, please refer to our video at What can scan & What can't scan - YouTube

Can POP scanner be used to scan a flat image and make it 3-D?

A: No, It CANNOT.

Can POP scan black object?

A: Yes. POP can scan black object. However, scanning highly reflective black color will be challenging. Please refer to our video at How to scan black objects - YouTube

What’s the scan result of a black object?

A: For shiny black surfaces, there is a significant decrease in accuracy; but for black diffuse surfaces, the accuracy would be much better.

POP has specialized scan mode for the dark object. Users can try it and it works well with common dark and diffusive objects. Please refer to the video at How to scan black objects - YouTube

Where is a full body scan?

A: here is a video for full body scan: Revopoint POP Human Scan 1, Whole Body - YouTube

How close to scan dark colors have you got ten ?

A: please refer to our video for scan dark colors:

Here is a video for dark colors: Revopoint POP Object Scan 4, Dark object - YouTube

Is it possible to scan animals, like a horse?

A: Technically, you can, but the biggest challenge is how to keep the horse still when you scan.

We have found an excellent user to scan his Golden Retrievers when it falls asleep. Please check it at https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/winner-announced-contest-share-your-best-showcase-and-win-a-pop-gift-box-for-free/2714/9?u=revopoint3d

How it works if people wearing glasses? Could you make it?

A: Glasses are transparent, so POP cannot scan glasses. You need to remove the glasses.

Is there any chance to scan glossy object without temporary color spray?

A: It would be hard. But it depends on the specific reflectivity of the object.

Can I use the POP to scan a complete human?

A: Yes, you can! Please refer our Human Scan Instructions at https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP%20Human%20Face%20and%20Body%20Scanning%20V2.1.3.pdf

Size

What is the minimum dimension to scan?

A: 30 x 30 x 30 mm.

What’s the maximum size scan POP can do?

A: Technologically, there is no limit for the Max. size.

How big can a POP 3D scanner scan? A client needs to scan a room that is 32x60 feet, 26-foot roof.

A: There is no limitation for the biggest size, but scanning a room takes much time. There is a video for scanning a car on YouTube at Revopoint POP Object Scan 7, Scan a car - YouTube

Please take it as a reference.

Can I scan a car? Can it scan a van?

A: Yes. Please refer to our car scanning at Revopoint POP Object Scan 7, Scan a car - YouTube .

C an I scan an object up to 20m with POP?

A: Yes. You can scan with markers. Stick markers randomly, never identically. If you are skillful, you can check our car scan video at Revopoint POP Object Scan 7, Scan a car - YouTube

Are there any results scanning a small object to 3d print? any videos?

A: Please take a look at Play with POP, Scanning with your phone - YouTube and all other videos on our official website https://www.revopoint3d.com/support/supportpop/

C an I capture a large structure all in one go?

A: Yes. You can finish a large structure scanning in one go, but we also suggest you scan part by part and then registered these parts together in our post-editing software- Handy Studio.

We also support you re-load an old 3d point cloud file and resume the scanning.

Environment

Can I use POP to scan something outdoor?

A: Yes, but you must avoid the sunlight, pick a cloudy day without any strong sunlight, the best timing is during the sunset.

Distance

What is the ideal scanning distance from POP to the object?

A: You can check the screen, there are 4 distance indicators: Too near, Excellent, Good, and Too far. While scanning, we suggest you pick Excellent distance.

6****How many frames do I need to scan an object?

A: Frames scanned depend on objects. Determine a scan path before scanning and scan one round of each part of the object, which can get a good result.

If I get used to POP, how long does it take to scan the face and head in general?

A: Since you are more and more skilled, time will be faster, maybe 15s.

How long does POP take to scan an object?

A: It depends on the object to be scanned and your skills.

**7. Software - Handy

Do you have software for POP?

A: Yes. We have Handy Scan & Handy Studio.

For Windows users, you can get Handy Scan & Handy Studio;

For Mac, iOS and Android users, you can get Handy Scan only.

If necessary, please download the software at https://www.revopoint3d.com/download/pop/

And for iOS and Mac, you can go to APP Store to get the APP.

Is the software free?

A: Yes! Both the scanning software Handy Scan, and the post-editing software Handy Studio are free. And you can find them on our official website https://www.revopoint3d.com/download/pop/

What operating system does POP support?

A: Windows, Android, MAC, iOS

Is there any other software one can use with POP?

A: No. While scanning, you can use Handy Scan only. But you can use a third-party software to process point cloud file.

But you can download our software Handy Scan on our official website https://www.revopoint3d.com/download/pop/

Is it compatible with Linux?

A: No. Windows, andriod, IOS and MacOS.

Is it compatible to archicad, or 3d studio max?

A: Yes.

Can you animate these objects?

A: No, it is possible that some design softwires could animate the objects.

W hat functions can Handy Studio realize?

Handy Scan

A: Please refer to our introduction of Handy Studio in POP 3D Scanner user Manual at https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP%203D%20Scanner%20_User_Manual%20V2.1.3.pdf

How do I export my 3d models scanned by phone/Mac?

A: You can use Share button to export your models out.

Can POP calculate offline?

A: The software is offline, no need internet connection.

Could the software support stitch ing /Register/alignment ?

A: Yes. You can automatically merge them together on our software. Please refer to the multiple scanning in Small Objects Scanning at https://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP%20Small%20Objects%20Scanning.pdf-

Is the software cloud based?

A: No, the software is running offline, you can use the software for free all the time. There is no license fee.

Have you added Bluetooth support to POP scanner?

A: Not yet. POP 3D scanner supports both Wi-Fi and USB connection.

Windows Android iOS/iPad Mac
USB Mode YES YES TBD Coming Soon…
Wi-Fi Mode No YES YES YES

Is it possible to export scanned point cloud to use in external software (like 3d software or photogrammetry software)?

A: You can export stl., ply. or obj. format and use any external software to open it.

C an I use a third-part software, like Meshmixer?

A: Yes. You can choose third party software (MeshLab, Geomagic…) to handle the editing task.

What’s the difference between POP scanning with a phone and with a computer?

A: The max frames that the mobile APP could scan without any interruption and maximum frame number could be slightly less than the PC software due to the phone’s RAM limitation.

Even if the accuracy of smartphone scanning will be reduced a little, it is still wonderful. Here is the video showing scanning human body and face with a phone: Tutorial of Human Face and Body scan by POP - YouTube

is there an option to redo alignment when the software fails to correctly align scan data?

A: There is Undo button on Handy Scan UI, allowing users to undo the scanned frames when the point cloud is aligned wrongly. Please refer to Handy Scan UI introduction in POP 3D Scanner user Manual at https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP%203D%20Scanner%20_User_Manual%20V2.1.3.pdf

Is it possible to turn off noise removal in the software?

A: Save point cloud file after scanning. And you can mesh the raw point cloud file in a third-party software to keep more details.

is there a way to convert to a wireframe 3D scan? Like this?

A: POP scanner can export triangle mesh model, but you can generate a [quadrangle](javascript::wink: mesh model in a professional design software, like Rhino, Zbrush.

Can I get some understanding about, if this system can integrate with SolidWorks?

A: Yes, you can import the model to SolidWorks.

Does software work with existing 3d cameras like the Kinect, or Kinect azure or the zed 2?

A: Handy Scan Software only works with POP scanner.

**Can we use SolidWorks and have a plugin to handle point clouds asc, csv, txt, E57

A : You can export point cloud data before meshing, and save as obj. file, which could import to SolidWorks.

Will it be possible to edit the scan frames (are they separated or merged)?

A: Currently you cannot edit the frames.

8. Others

Did you plan to provide an SDK to have access to the raw data?

Do you plan free API for developers to work with this 3D camera?

A: Not yet. Currently, we haven’t open API. If you have related suggestions and requests, please leave your messages at our forum https://forum.revopoint3d.com/.

It’s an Xbox 360 Kinect?

A: No, it is a POP 3d scanner developed by Revopoint 3D Technologies.

Did I get better scan result when I use a gimbal?

A: The working principle of POP is not same as that of taking a photo, so a gimbal can use in POP scanning.

Hardware Specifications

What s the computer configuration for use the software? And GPU?

CPU: better to use i5 or above

RAM:4G or above

Operating System: Windows 8 /10

Screen resolution:1280*720

The integrated display card is fine, and it doesn’t require a discrete graphics card.

The POP scanner has powerful processing functions and has no special requirements for the performance of the computer or mobile phone CPU/GPU.

Will POP scanner run on power from the laptop USB connection?

A: This is exactly how POP is powered. You need to plug it to a USB3.0 interface to power the POP and transfer the data.

Does Revopoint use USB 2.0 or USB 3.0+?

A: POP Scanner works with 5V 1A, but USB 2.0 cannot output enough power the POP scanner needs. And we have mobile connector for Android users to meet the POP’s working requirement.

Why does POP need to use USB 3.0 port?

A: Because the power consumption of POP is 5V 1A, and its minimum required power supply is 4.8V, 800mA. (While the output of 2.0 interface is 5V 500mA, and the output of USB 3.0 is 5V 1A.)

Will the software favour an Nvidia GPU over an AMD GPU?

A: POP has a built-in chip to process the data, so it does not require good CPU or GPU from the PC, it can work with Nvidia or AMD, Intel is not a must.

Is the application included with the product or can it be a goal for the future?

A: Handy Scan. The application is included with the product and is free to use.

Do you have User Manual and Software in French?

Yes. User Manuals and software in Italian, French, Spanish, German and Japanese are all available now.

What’s the difference between Mobile Connector and a standard splitter?

A: The Mobile Connector is customized for the POP 3D scanner.

POP needs to be powered with 5V and 1A, while most smartphones are not allowed to output an enormous power for an external device, such as a POP 3D scanner. To resolve the problem, we introduce the mobile connector.

The mobile connector provides two mini cables: one is to a phone via tape C for data transmission, and the other is to a power bank to power the POP scanner, which ensures mobile scanning and stable data transmission.

**Is there any difference in quality or other restrictions between scanning over usb-a, usb-c or wifi?

A: Wi-Fi connection and USB connection has no difference, and PC scan and Phone scan may differ because of the RAM.

Can the POP and Phone be connected by only one Type C cable?

A: Android phones can scan 3d Models via both Wi-Fi and USB connection.

After testing, we find that the following phones can scan via one cable: Huawei Mate 40/Huawei Mate 30/Huawei P 40/Huawei P 30/Huawei Nova 6/Xiaomi 10/Xiaomi Mix 3; (The phones are only representatives of some tested ones.)

But the Samsung and Sony phones don’t allow a high-power output for an external device, which can’t meet the POP’s work requirement of 5V and 1A. They can be connected to POP scanner via Wi-Fi mode, and the POP scanner is powered by a power bank.

If you want to connect your Samsung or Sony phones via USB cables, please go to our online store to buy a mobile connector.

W hat are the indicators that a one-cable configuration doesn’t work?

(1) POP restarts repeatedly: the indicator light keeps changing from blue to green;

(2) After starting the POP, it freezes repeatedly during scanning.

(3) The “Lose Tracking” notice appear frequently.

Is there a particular phone that is compatible and outputs 10,000mAh that you know of that would work as an option? Ideally something inexpensive as it would be used for this purpose only.

A: Yes. Hua Wei, Xiaomi

Scan results

Where can I see more 3D models scanned by POP?

A: We’ve updated 3D models on Revopoint3d (@Revopoint3d) - Sketchfab.

Where c an I see more User Manual, User Guide and Tutorials?

A: You can find them on our Official Website https://www.revopoint3d.com/support/supportpop/

Accessories

1 . T urntable

What’s the spec. of the turntable?

A: SPEED: 2.5RPM(Revolutions Per Minute)

SIZE: 200×50mm

ROTATING DIRECTION: Anticlockwise

MAX LOAD CAPACITY: 5kg

VOLTAGE INPUT: DC 12V/1A

More details, please refer to page 05 in our POP Packages Introduction & Usage at https://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP Packages Introduction & Usage V2.1.4.pdf

What can a Turntable help ?

A: An automatic turntable can help a lot to the scanning of most of the small and medium-size objects.

Is the scanner connected to the turntable so the speed of the turntable is controlled by the complexity of the object being scanned?

A: The turntable is not connected to the scanner. The turntable rotates at the preset speed, we don’t recommend changing it.

How much weight can the turntable handle?

A: 5 kg

Where c an I buy the Auto Turntable?

A: Yes! You can buy it on Revopoint official store at REVO. Auto Turntable for POP – Revopoint 3D

5 ) can I use a third-party turntable?

A: The turntable is not synced with the POP 3D scanner and you can use any turntable without problem.

2 . Lighting Cable

Is the iOS cable available now?

A: We are working on the certification of MFI. For more progress, we will let you know.

3 . M arkers

What is the Marker mode?

A: When scanning some objects (such as ball, industrial parts) with simple shape features, you can stick the markers to the object randomly, and the POP will stitch each part according to the markers.

What is the purpose of the marker?

A: This is used to scan the objects with no geometric features. Flat planes like a board or symmetrical objects like balls or bowls are usually suitable to this mode. Please note that when you stick the makers to the surface, the markers should not be evenly distributed because the scanner must identify the unique pattern consisting of a cluster of adjacent makers.

Q1: Are markers removable for reusable later?

Q2: Are the dot stickers to provide a better reference for the scanner on planar surfaces to join nearby points to?
A1: No.

A2: Yes. It’s for stitching/registration/alignment. When scan objects with simple features, use markers and select Marker scan mode.

4 . LED Light

How is the LED light?

A: Basically, with the LED light’s help, the model’s texture color will be more uniform and vivid, and the details will be more apparent. Human scanning will also be better, as LED light can avoid the poor effect that appears dark on one side and bright on the other side.

Is the LED light battery-powered or USB-rechargeable?

A: The LED light is battery powered, and rechargeable by Type C.

What are the specs on the video light - is it IR or visible?

A: It is normal visible light (D5500), which will help to get better color texture for the scanned 3D model. For details, you can refer to product page at REVO. VL Rechargeable Mini LED Light – Revopoint 3D

What is the difference between your light and a W49 light?

A: You can buy any other light, yes, we offer quality light. And you can visit our online shop to check the LED light: REVO. VL Rechargeable Mini LED Light – Revopoint 3D

What’s the specification of the LED light?

A: please check below LED specification:

|Illuminance: 800LM

Battery: 2000mAh

Battery Working time:

1.5h(Max Output)

5h (Low Output)

Power: 6W

Certifications

What certificates does it have?

A: CE, ROHS, FCC, PDA, PSE

Product Related

How to connect POP to Mac/Android/iOS/iPad?

A: Please visit our official website for Android&iOS Connection Instruction,Mac Connection Instruction and iPad Connection Instructions at https://www.revopoint3d.com/support/supportpop/

W hen the scans get around 1200 frames , it wigs out or freezes up on them. Is something being done about this freezing up?

A: It depends on the RAM of a PC/Smartphone; you can fuse these scanned frames first, then continue scanning.

Which kind of object you would like to scan with POP? We probably can provide some help for your scanning.

Is the amount of RAM on the android device a determining factor on whether the software can be downloaded and or it crashes on start up? Can a 2RAM phone work? (Q&A43)

A: Yes. The RAM of an android device need to be at least 4RAM. Actually, it’s hard to find a mid-range android smartphone with less than 4GB RAM…

1. Windows

What’s the reason for constant disconnect and reconnect on USB 3.0?

A: The possible reason of constant connect & disconnect may be: insufficient voltage or insufficient current.

Most of the USB 2.0 interfaces have insufficient current, which leads to unrecognized or repeated disconnection. For some computers, the USB 3, 0 hardware interface voltage does not reach the 3.0 standard, which may also cause continuous disconnection.

Why POP is connected firstly, then disconnected?

A: It indicates insufficient power supply via the USB cable.

If the pop scanner works (indicator shows in green), but the optical device does not work; the power supplied is 5v, 300mA;

If the pop scanner works, and the optics works, the power supplied is 5V*800mA~1000mA;

When the power is above 5v, 300mA, but doesn’t reach 5V*800mA~1000mA, the above condition occurs.

In this case, you need to check the USB interface or check your PC interface; If all is OK, power the POP scanner with a power bank and connect POP scanner to Phone via Fi-Fi mode; if POP scanner works, it indicates that the scanner is OK.

2. A ndroid

What power output should the power bank have in connecting wirelessly?

A: It should be: USB A connector, Voltage: 5V, Current: >1A

How do I produce an STL file Using the android App?

A: we have updated a new version, please download the latest Android version.

When I use software Handy Scan in combination with Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC phone (by USB-C wire), the camera keeps disconnecting after a few seconds. Why it that and what I should do?

A: Some phones don’t support high-current power supply to external devices. For these devices’ users, we suggest that you use Wi-Fi mode and it is very convenient.

Our engineer tested some devices, and found that Samsung & Sony phones are not supported, while HUAWEI Mate & P series & Nova series, Xiaomi phones usually support USB Mode of POP. (We just tested several models, so this is not all phones’ result)

If some backers really want to use USB mode, we developed an accessory called mobile connector on Amazon and our online store Mobile Connector – Revopoint 3D.

My POP scanner can’t work with my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G phone. Every time it’s asking for permission and then I see the camera for a second and then the program is crashing.

A: Samsung phone could not supply enough power for POP SCANNER connected by USB cable. Please connect a power bank to supply power for POP scanner, and connect POP scanner to your Samsung phone by Wi-Fi mode.

There are instructions you can follow: https://www.revopoint3d.com/support/supportpop/

Please refer to POP Android & iOS Handy Scan Instruction .

If you want to use USB mode, please visit our online store to buy the Mibile Connector at Mobile Connector – Revopoint 3D

POP scanner can’t connect to Sony Xperia XZ1?

Sony Xperia XZ1

A: we have updated a new version, please download the latest Android version.

3. iOS

H ow to change Name and Password of POP?

A: We have path to change POP Name and Password.

Firstly, download the Handy Scan for Windows at our official website https://www.revopoint3d.com/download/3d-scanner-app/;

Secondly, open “Handy Scan”, click “About” - Click “Setting”;

Then revise the name and password as you like!

Are there any videos using iOS?

A: Yes, please refer to YouTube video at How to use Handy Scan on your iPhone?—IOS APP/3D Scanner/Revopoint POP - YouTube

H ow do I use POP with my iPad?

A: please refer to our POP iPad Handy Scan Instruction at https://www.revopoint3d.com/download/pop/

Why the app crashes when using iPhone?

A: It’s about the app version. We have updated the latest APP that have resolved the issue. Please download the latest version at APP Store.

4. Mac

How can I save a fused mesh on MacOS?

Whatever I do, (PLY, OBJ, STL) I only get the point cloud… what am I doing wrong?

A: TBD

How is the tracking, does it lose tracking often?

A: While scanning objects with multiple features, the POP works smoothly, rarely losing track. And for human scans, practice makes perfect. If you are skilled, the scanning frame will not be lost.

If it shows" Track Lost", please back to the scanned area for realignment.

How does it scan things with sharp edges, does it smooth them over?

A: POP is a high-precision 3D scanner and while scanning, plenty of details can be captured: the closer you are, the more details you can get. So, I recommend you scanning objects with sharp edges at a closer distance of around 200 mm to 250 mm to require more details.

Are colored scans really that terrible, is that why most Revopoint’s scans were not textured?

A: Users are able to get good color models with POP (before scanning, people can select “Color” or “No Color” in Texture), and You can download the color model at Revopoint3d (@Revopoint3d) - Sketchfab

Most printer users are more concerned about the details of the shape than the color.

How can I scan: Honoré de Balzac, Bust. Original is 149mm tall (the white resin part), and get 0.3mm accuracy?

A: you shall move POP to be closer to Bust. Scanning repeatedly can’t help the accuracy, only a closer scan distance can improve it.