Expressing interest

Hello
I’m really excited to see this category here (and the md support)

My name is Derek Im a sol proprieter to Rayiik solutions (consulting and problem solving) main focus is network archictecture 3d graphical design forensic cyber security, ui/ux/xr and custom systems programing, pcb engineering, and machine learning (to name a few of the jobs i have done in the last year. Very proficient in bash middling but learning python c and awk html java css and rust. Im stating my interest in this page in hopes that it remains a thing.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Revopoint 3D Forum

Hello
I’m really excited to see this category here (and the md support)

My name is Derek Im a sol proprieter to Rayiik solutions (consulting and problem solving) main focus is network archictecture 3d graphical design forensic cyber security, ui/ux/xr and custom systems programing, pcb engineering, and machine learning (to name a few of the jobs i have done in the last year. Very proficient in bash middling but learning python c and awk html java css and rust. Im stating my interest in this page in hopes that it remains a thing.

1 Like

hi, I am a 3d cad designer and I deal with mechanics, furniture and design, packaging too.

1 Like

Hi Derek, welcome! Hope you can stay with us and share more of your experience in 3D scanning!

Hi Raffone, welcome! It’s really nice to see our users have experience related to 3D scanning. Wish you can stay here and be active, thanks!

Thank you, certainly x whatever info I’m here! working in the automotive field it is a must that he knows well from cad to scanning to 3d reverse engineering.

hey for sure, for me its mostly on the programming side as i was working on a similar project getting ready to prototype the connection board, was going to use T.I. dlp light caster, AD-96TOF1-EBZ, Sony IMX556 CMOS and a rgb module. this was going to be built using meshroom as a back end and pytorch3d ai library in conjuncture with touches of facebooks pifuhd, googles 3d-vison library and built on a nvidia jetson. however being a fulltime student taking 2 diplomas i had to sideline it as integration is proving to be much trickier than i had expected. as a result ill have to create some custom circuit boards and hack the systems together in an interoperable way. so its backburner for the moment :). andi should clarify after the awk in the previous comments should be a line saying i have a basic understanding of html … but the idea is for the ai to integrate the mesh with stages of manual error correction (lol when i have the time). unfortunately by the time i do the tech will be out of date and ill have to start closer to square one again. :slight_smile:

Hello,

It’s good to read about the different approaches people have to this technology and to know there are many with 3D scanning experience. I will definitely be asking questions as I start using the scanner.

I run Columbia CNC; a parts manufacturing company. We have been asked to replicate antique and hand carved pieces for which we have used meshroom with good success. My hope is that this scanner will help us to streamline this process and perhaps open up more business opportunities.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Pleasure to meet you here too!
You can stay in our forum and discuss with others about 3D scanning. Have fun!

Hey great to meet you all, want tk share a little tip i figured out that ia very helpful for scan fidelity (which you want if your going for cad processing, as long as its not an electrical component flower, climbing chalk and dust your target. Found an average of 30% improvement (based on the number oc points gathered in two minut scanns and reduced loss of tracking) but if its anything with a sheen, metal rubber plastic or very large and smoth (thus fewer odentified reference points).

:smiley: :+1:
ce la farai, vedrai!

As an update to this tip flower doesnt stick to chrome x)

I am an engineer; I design parts in CAD for test jigs and aerospace as well as jewelry in my free time.

My plans for the POP include reverse engineering automobile parts (gaskets, air routers and other hard-to-get (or just plain too expensive) items for the after market and one-off repairs.