Advantages of Dual-Axis turntable and Stabilizer

I told you because I know that from Revopoint directly. You know Revopoint’s people are highly educated post-doctorate engineers. So nothing is happening by accident .

Since I made my own Dual axis turntable I am saving myself double the work with merging , and some objects I don’t even have to flip , so time saving, less issues with tracking , great improvement .

I wish to know the exactly specifications too , as it is exciting stuff and there are still many questions not answered yet . I am curious about the controller of the Dual Axis. turntable , it that a separate app or controlled via Revo Scan , that is the last question for me right now.

2 Likes

I’ve seen your device works with a payload up to 1000g. How much weight adds the POP2 turntable ?have you noticed any stability problems with objects that put up a total weight close to that figure?

I guess we should expect a similar payload capability for Revopoint Dual-Axis TT.

The load in my case is for the YT-1000 turntable 360 axis , the tilt have protector so I can put on the plate as much as the POP2 turntable allows , what I am guessing is not as much .
I am still looking for another turntable with less thickness, the POP2 I am using is much to high but for now it is working .

I printed also other release plates for holding other objects so I can scan object at 1Kg without using the POP2 turntable at all on top of the YT-1000 .

Btw the YT-1000 is very stable , there are no shaking while tilting or rotating …the motors have 8 speeds … very steady and smooth , I use it also with my DSLR what is heavy .

Is there a reason to put the full turntable on top of the YT-1000 vs just the top plate, since the YT-1000 has 360 turn?

1 Like

Yes it is because the YT-1000 can only stand on one side and having the top side tilted and rotated will create too big pivot distance from the center what will be not usable with higher models and also difficult with gain settings .

However I made different attachments so now it can stand upside down and work without additional turntable on top , keeping the pivot tilt to minimum .

When you have 30-35 degree tilt , you want the the object to be rotated in the center and not oval rotations at 35 degrees changing constantly the distances from the scanner back and forth what is bad for the quality of the scan .

I hope it explains.

2 Likes

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like