[Winner Announced] [Contest] Share Your Best Showcase and Win A POP Gift Box for FREE

I’ve uploaded to SketchFab and included two different links, one of which was the embed code.

The problem is, I can’t figure out how to create a link to a 3D-viewable version of the upload as has everyone else.

Hi Jeff,

I helped you to insert the Sketchfab link in your post, then the 3D-viewable objects is shown.

1 Like

Thank you.

But how is it done?

Regards,

Jeff

I had the same problem with the wingtips on my dragon. I wonder why that is the case.

Jeff

If you impagine that the infrared laser projects a grid onto the surface of the object, and that the two infrared cameras capture that grid and try to triangulate the structure of the surface by the distortion of the grid, it becomes clearer: if the cameras look horizontally, the can’t see what’s on top, and the grid is just not projected onto parts of the surface that lie “in the shadow”, seen from the standpoint of the laser. If the cameras look down from the top, small pointy parts might just not get enough grid to be seen by the cameras.
Great scan, by the way :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

It seems it’s the simple ‘share’ link, not the embed code that’s needed (took me awhile to figure that out :roll_eyes:

What is the color of the sculpture in original?

The metal is pewter, so it’s mostly dark grey. It reflects light, so I scanned it in a dimly-lit room at night.

2 Likes

Well, obviously the rules are flawed: it’s not about submitting a good scan, but just getting as many buddies as you can to log in only for the purpose of “liking” one’s post. Probably the scan of a flat table surface could “win” under such rules.
I won’t stoop submitting a scan I put a lot of effort and time into, just with no fair chance, and only to provide RevoPoint with some free advertising material. I hereby withdraw my model.

3 Likes

As I am a moderator I share my scan but to be honest I do not participate in the contest, so it is not worth voting :slight_smile:

Because Sketchfab limit the size, I simplified the model from 3 800 000 to 400 000

Here are the original model

Good Luck everybody !

4 Likes

Congratulations @Evgen , and also nice scan!
Really nice work all other winners too!

Here are the winner model :

1 Like

Hi @Evgen @Momomoy_3D @Ivan @raffaelemassaro @Nebulus @JeffLindstrom @Neosephiroth @SenbeiNorimaki @Kaldkaffisauen @AndreasS @Rapterron @swirlingbrain @fpierron @Sainter @Sheeter

We’re preparing the shipment of the prizes, and you should receive an email with order details just now. If any shipping information is wrong, please let us know as soon as you can. Otherwise, we will ship it according to the address confirmed by your side before. (You don’t need to pay the order.)

Sorry for the delay, because it takes us some time to print the models (something wrong with our printer, we paid to another company to print them for us)

Best Regards
Cassie

thank you! my address is correct

1 Like

Thank you! Looking forward to get it! :tada:

1 Like

My address is correct, but I am apparently being charged.

Hi @JeffLindstrom

No, the email was automatically sent to you by the system, and it just shows the total amount of orders. The order status is paid.

Best Regards
Cassie

I received a very nice surprise from the people at Revopoint this week.

In addition to my ‘also ran’ prize of many, many markers, I received a nice note of appreciation and a 3D print of my contest entry. This is, in part, due to my early offer of assistance in translating the manuals, but whatever the reason, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff,

Glad to see that you like this “Surprise”. We do hope that this contest will be a sweet memory for all participants.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Greetings. Below is a photo of unpacking my gift. Thank you all very much. Very nice!

3 Likes