Scanning with Revopoint mini

point cloud

after meshing

already done smooth process, and the surface still “rough”

scan 002

i am satisfy with this :smiley:
mesh UHD, sharp, then do smooth
i will start for finding best value for ‘smooth’ and ‘sharp’ value

Hi! Thanks for sharing! How big is that car?

Remember, depending on surface (especially shiny, dark and various colors like yellow) you have to use some kind of matting spray (3d spray, dry shampoo spray or similar, search in the forum) otherwise MINI cannot see it (colors like yellow) or scan will be noisy to some extent.
Depending on distance to object it can even get noisy because of applied matting spray, don’t overspray it, mini is very accurate.

Also make sure mini is calibrated properly.

1 Like

Thanks for the advise
The model can is in 1/43, and yes. It it’s shiny :face_holding_back_tears:
And im going to get the spray before rescan again🥰and in the meantime, i m waiting for the Range scanner arrive too😍

2 Likes

more scanning with Mini on (revoscan 5 beta)
I found more reliable for scanning
:smiley:

all results are without turntable and freehand scanning

2 Likes

it’s not easy to get the best settings/ parameters for the best scanning/ mesh

model today

1:24, 1:43 model maybe too big for mkni
will tryscan with range after arrive😎

1 Like
  1. Scanning: High Accuracy , no color, if possible turntable on fastest speed , Mini like it faster

2. You have to fuse it at the lowest settings 0.02 mm pitch point when scanning small figures with MINI, remove all unwanted fragments before meshing

3. Meshing between 5-6 for high quality

Mini performance and accuracy is the best when scanned with turntable in a steady possible positions , but I see you managed it well here . Good job !

1 Like

:fearful:i thought all scanners love slow for more detail, thanks for advise​:bowing_woman: and the recommended method

2 Likes

POP2 yes , it love it slower 40-50 sec per 360 rotation, MINI at max turntable speed 30 sec per 360 rotation , and Range can get almost double speed than POP2.

1 Like

Hi! Just wondering:how do you find those optimal rotational speeds out? Is there some kind of test for it? Math formula? :thinking: TIA, you savvy 3d scanning guru​:smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ivan :joy: , months of testing on the results and comparisons .

Regarding scanning with turntable, how faster the FPS of the scanner how faster you can turn the turntable .
From all tests only MINI needed the fastest turntable at 39 sec per 360 , however as the software improving including the FPS , it may go even faster now .
Turntable scanning at 30 sec per rotation need minimal 7-10FPS to be able to provide good result .

2 Likes

i’ve done a random scan practice, and please advice for doing skin-smooth process

youtube footage

and mesh

wondering if iots true, there is no texture render after merge?

I would advice you to use Advanced mode for fusing in place of standard , this model do not have details at 0.02mm not even 0.08mm , so you can use higher level of fusing using Advanced mode what will give you the proper surface and less noises .

1 Like

There is no texture mapping after merging and 99.9% of other programs do not support that either.
If there was one it would take forever to process , normally professionals extract the RGB data into textures after merging for references .
But you have to create your own UV mapping and processing and that is beyond what RS5 can offer .

1 Like

thanks
just realize there is new post in tutorial for scanning with pop3, also mention about advanced mode
so is there any specific situations we needed to use standard mode?:bowing_woman:

Sorry for late reply
For the repeated speed it found 35 world be good for mini
Coz 30forme would be easy to lost track. And not much detail different if more than 35

1 Like

I use it in 95% of a time , unless you going to scan finger prints you don’t need a Standard mode .

Standard mode is more for people that use the point cloud for future processing outside Revo Scan , mostly professionals that are advanced in 3D work .

You will give you less headache using Advanced mode as it produces beautiful and clean point clouds with less needed of manual cleaning and processing what will deliver better and clean meshes .

Remember that MINI used to fuse in Advanced mode will still deliver better accuracy fused at 0.1mm than POP2 at 0.1mm .
Resolution has nothing to do with accuracy . Accuracy is build into the hardware and it represent volume accuracy , resolution represents the texture on top of the volume .

2 Likes

MINI don’t works well when scanned with too slow turntable , it should not go slower than 30 sec per 360 rotation … POP series live it slightly slower .
Considering that MINI now works at faster frame rate that it was before , you can speed slightly the turntable above 30 sec per rotation .

So to make it clear , how faster the FPS how faster your turntable should rotate to avoid overlapping points and over scanning your model .

2 Likes