Made a Linux app for my MIRACO Pro, figured I'd share

I’ve had a MIRACO Pro sitting around because apparently I’d rather write an entire app than use Windows lol. So here’s PointYoink.

It pulls scans over USB or WiFi, lets you clean them up, cut the base off, combine them and export. Been using it on Ubuntu with my Pro and figured somebody else here might find it useful too.

It’s free and open source:

Screenshots and install instructions are there. If anybody tries it, let me know how it goes or what breaks lol.

2 Likes

So, just to be clear, PointYoink is only pulling the scanned files off the Miraco, not doing any processing on them? I mean no merging or point reduction/refining?

Bruce

Yea currently its relying on the processing to be done on the Miraco device since it does have one tap edit and manual settings too, which do pretty good for the most part. But It does do some post processing like base removal and aligning/combing scans in the app, as well as lasso/box/etc removing random stray parts. The app isn’t anything like the Revo app would be, but the goal is to get it close to that.

I’m working on other tools and features to help with more post processing but that will take a while to make better.

So yes, currently this just aids in getting the scans off the device, not fully edit them… (yet)

1 Like

So… Big updates coming soon for all 3 of y’all that may have used this lol

I rebuilt the app from the ground up. You can now scan, build, and edit using your CPU and supported GPU. Processing is a lot faster if you have a beefy setup.

Trying to get this working, I almost bricked my MIRACO multiple times… but with just 4 scans at around 1000-1200 frames each, I got this headrest piece pretty close to the original. I probably should’ve thickened the walls when printing, but I’m happy with how it came out.

The MIRACO device has One Tap. I call ours YOLO Yoink, and it does pretty well with one click, if I do say so myself. There’s also an editor and a view that shows where you need to scan more if you missed anything.

There’s also a Learn Bed mode. You scan your bed first so the app can learn it, which helps match things up and gives YOLO Yoink a little help doing its thing.

I do have to admit I’ve only tested this with a rotating bed and the scanner on a small tripod. I move it closer to or farther from the turntable depending on what I’m scanning. I haven’t tested handheld scanning yet because the USB cord is too short, and I still need to buy a longer one. In theory it should work too, but I haven’t tried it, so no promises there yet.

The editing and merging tools are still pretty limited, but YOLO Yoink matched and cleaned this one up well enough that I barely had to touch it. Or maybe I’m giving myself too much credit idk. You be the judge.

Still got a bunch of bugs to iron out. I’ll need actual testers because one scanner and two computers isn’t much to test with.

Also, my MIRACO Pro is on firmware 1.0.0.129, so if anyone’s running a different version and wants to test it, that would help a lot. I’m scared to update mine now that I’ve finally got everything working lol

Might have something ready in a week or so. Maybe sooner, maybe later. If you wanna try it and help me find what’s broken, let me know.