Feature Request: Pre-Fusion + Keyframe ICP + Final Fusion

Oops, yeah, it looks like I mixed up red and white cells.

says 0.0029mm but I overlooked that it says “erythrocyte”, meaning red blood cell.

I’ve been working in that field for a while and I still find it super weird that such magic is possible. But actually, you can use a low-res camera combined with some movements and advanced algorithms to generate high-res photos :exploding_head:

Here’s Google’s research for the Pixel 3 (and following) on how they do exactly that:

In my opinion, this illustration (from the linked PDF) nicely shows how they (Google researchers) can fuse 4 low res images into 1 high res result:

I understand that with the current software and algorithms, over-scanning harms the accuracy of the final model. But I am also very optimistic that implementing those Google algorithms would make the final scan more precise than what the hardware can deliver. It feels like magic, but it’s actually just mathematics.

I fully agree with you there. That’s what I’m asking for here: Feature Request: Turntable + Single frame
that the software will help me eliminate movement by pausing the turntable while capturing the frames.

1 Like