Julien - Test of the Miraco 3d scanner / Scanning a huge TRex maquette from King kong

Hello everyone,

I had the privilege of dedicating a week to thoroughly testing the Miraco. With over two decades of experience in the film and TV industry and a solid 15 years of working with 3D scanners, I’ve accumulated an assortment of scanning tools over the years, including my trusty old NextEngine desktop scanner, a Revopoint POP, a Range, and the latest addition, a Miraco. Additionally, I’ve extensively delved into the world of photogrammetry.

Recently, I decided to step out of my film and VFX domain and published a video on YouTube, aiming to put the scanner through its paces directly in front of the camera.

I want to emphasize that I don’t belong to the usual YouTube content creator category. My main expertise lies within the film and visual effects industry, so please understand if I seem a bit out of my comfort zone in front of the camera :wink:

Should you have any questions or require further insights, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Link to the kickstarter page of the Revopoint Miraco: https://revo.ink/3Fkkk9k

Warm regards,

Julien

4 Likes