[Windows] Revo Scan - V4.1.0.20220909c

Normally, I’d be agreeing with you. I hate it when people criticize and don’t offer solutions.

However, in this case the only solution is “Don’t use this product”. I should have been more explicit.

I’d have to do hours of work with no real communication with the dev team, product managers, and other stakeholders. My solutions would be a ground-up redesign of the software, an overhaul of the marketing to show the realities of 3D scanning, and changes to the hardware to facilitate a useful workflow. That isn’t very appealing to me, and I imagine would not be implemented at the scale needed to address the issues.

2 Likes

When will the Mac version support the Turntable? It’s quite frustrating to not have access to all features…

2 Likes

Yes please update Mac version for turntable support or release an update to control via Bluetooth

I am not able to save files on revoscan. Can you please assist?

At the bottom of the right side, you can find the Export button. However, you can only save files after a Fuse operation (for PLY and OBJ formats) or a Mesh operation (PLY, OBJ or STL formats).

If you used a computer (Windows or iMac), the raw data files are saved in sub-folders under your default file folder (click on the Model List button). The icons under the Progress/Status bar tell you if the files have been Fused or Meshed. Click the box at the left to select Project Names (the default will start with "model-[year-month…]). Once selected, click on Batch Processing at the lower right. Accept the default settings for “Fast Speed” or “High Accuracy” if you want, or choose “Custom” to change as you prefer. Then, click “Process” at the top right of the popup. When done, click on Export.

Note that, if you are using a smartphone (Android or iPhone), you must at least Fuse the raw data and Export that or your scan data will be lost.

There seems to be a continuing bug in Revo Scan (I’m using 4.1.0.20220909c) where the Location specified in the “Multi-language switch” is not recognized under the Scan and Model List panels, so it is possible that your scans are still available on your computer, but not stored where you are expecting them. If you have a File Manager such as Altap Salamander (free), you can search for files all over your computer within a specific data range.

2 Likes

@TerenceS The Mac Version shall be released within this week. Thanks for your understanding.

I am sure Jeff has provided very detailed info to help. But if you have further questions, please feel free to let me know.
Thanks Jeff @JeffLindstrom

1 Like

That’s great to hear. I’m anxious to try the product! Thank you

It’s now released. Please check out this post.

1 Like

Hi
Have you tried the latest software and see if you can upgrade successfully?

Hi Selina,
do you have some news on the mac upgrade to 4.1.1.?

It should be released next week. We will release the beta version in the weekend.

where can I find the beta when released?

They usually post it here.

1 Like

Under the Starting Point section of the forum.

1 Like

is there anything new about the release? I think a lot of people are eagerly awaiting the update.

1 Like

The new updates should be released last week but are not ready yet and new important adjustments need to be made .

Hopefully next week .

1 Like

Yes, also looking every day for the mac
update…