[Windows & Mac Version] Revo Studio - V3.0.6.9 - no need CDKey, only need Verification code by email

Dear all,

Below is the download link for the newest Revo Studio for Windows and Mac, which doesn’t need a CDkey:

Windows:
https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/Revo_Studio_for_win_v3.0.6.9.20220527.zip

Mac:
https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/Revo_Studio_for_mac_v3.0.6.9.20220527.zip

Best Regards
Cassie

3 Likes

It asks for verification code. ??

Oh, I see it sends you the verification code in an email to the address you entered. Got it.

1 Like

A bit misleading, it still needs a central server to send you a verification code :frowning:

1 Like

What is misleading Robin ? it don’t need CDKey , it still need to be registered somehow , but you don’t have to wait for CDKey .

The interface is misleading as is the post. The post makes it sound like you can open the software and use it without any code. The interface looks like you need a code to make it work. The text even says to enter an email AND a code to activate it. It could say enter the email and press send to get the code.

2 Likes

Before you need a CDKey to register to get the license code , now you can get the verification code without the CDKey and that is all about the topic title so people stop asking for a CDKey ! the only reason it is there !
Verification code is not a CDKey .

Hi @jlogajan @Robin @PopUpTheVolume ,

Yes, as @PopUpTheVolume explained, compared with the previous version, you don’t need a CDkey now, but need to get a verification code by email.

I revised the topic, and hope it is not misleading now.

Best Regards
Cassie

2 Likes

It’s still DRM software with all the problems of DRM software. What happens if the central server goes down? I have had this happen with Pinnacle software and you end up with hardware you can’t use properly. The subject was misleading because it made you feel that you didn’t need the registration at all, but you do.

2 Likes

I understand , but Revo Studio has zero relationship with the hardware, it is another additional and independent editing software like Meshlab or Cloudcompare. In short, You don’t need it to use the hardware at all , so even if the server goes down, not big lost here, it is just a bonus .

It only asked for the verification code the first time executing the software. There’s no indication it calls a server every time you open it after that.

1 Like

It don’t because I use it OFFLINE on one of my workstations.

1 Like

Anyone using this for the Mac? When I click the link it just takes me to the store but the Windows version downloads right away

They may have fixed it because when I click on the link, I get a .zip with a package file inside of it. I"m downloading it from windows, but you probably could simply copy the link into a downloader and do it that way.

Pretty clever of you that you never reinstall your computer ever or use another computer. And know already that you won’t in the future.

1 Like

How does one get the verification code?

Robin, I use many over $500 software that I have to register each time on a new device , or if I need to reinstall . What is the problem ?

The problem is when you can’t reinstall because the DRM server is down. What does this have to do with how much you paid for the software?

2 Likes

and ? still I see no problem , mostly all software today request registration . You are splitting a hair in two here .