WIFI connection specificatio

Hi,

Is there any specification for using Wifi connection for revopoint?
when i am using in our home the apps wifi there are problem in connection but when I try to open the apps here in our office it quickly connect to the wifi?

why is that?

I would suspect that you do not have a proper Hotspot when you do this at home. It is an unfortunate (for us) programming choice that Hotspots will not properly form if your phone does not have a connection to the internet. We do not need an internet connection to operate the POP, but we still need the Hotspot.

How many bars of connection strength do you have at home?

Jeff

Hello,
You don’t need a WiFi connection, but a Hotspot created by the phone himself. Please refer to the manual inductions for that.

Hi, what those 2 option means?

Still I experience problem on my mobile app. both are not working in usb or wifi,
the app are crashing quickly. even though I download the new version v21.3.20210623

Seems to me that your system is not detecting the POP scanner. I’ve seen similar when I started the Handy Scan app without connecting the POP.

1 Like

Yes,

I have no POP at the moment when I open the app and try to connect the Wifi.
My Wifi automatically connected when I chose any of the 2 options,
But when at home and try to open my POP and open my app with WIFI there are errors and not detecting the POP.
I am so confused why in our office it can be connected even without the POP. but when I am at home and try to open the POP and my app. the WIFI is not working.
Is there any need of a strong WIFI connection before it can be connected? at home i have full bar but not working.

I am concerned that you keep using the term “WiFi” instead of “Hotspot”. While they use the same hardware, they are not the same.

First, please describe your setup at home (and how it differs from work could be useful, too). Are you using an Android smartphone, an iPhone, a Windows 10 computer or an iMac?

Have you tried using the USB connection?

If you cannot use USB, then you have to be sure that the WiFi hardware is configured as a Hotspot. How to do this depends on your answer to my first question above.

With my Android smartphone, I have to have WiFi turned OFF, Data turned ON and Data Saver turned OFF before the Hotspot button can be used (the button is ghosted otherwise). I expect it is the same for other Android phones.

With an iPhone, WiFi must be turned ON, but you must disconnect from your home’s WiFi/Router before activating Hotspot.

With my Dell laptop, the WiFi configuration panel has a Hotspot button. I configured it for “POP” and “12345678” and it works just by turning it ON (it doesn’t need an cell phone Data plan, but I haven’t checked if it is also connected to the house WiFi/Router when working as a Hotspot).

2 Likes

Hi @JeffLindstrom

I am concerned that you keep using the term “WiFi” instead of “Hotspot”. While they use the same hardware, they are not the same.

• because that was on my setup showing, WIFI or USB connection
    First, please describe your setup at home (and how it differs from work could be useful, too). Are you using an Android smartphone, an iPhone, a Windows 10 computer or an iMac?
  • I am using mobile Samsung S10 Android smartphone…
  • But working on my desktop/laptop is fine,

Have you tried using the USB connection?

• I did, its fine on my laptop, but on mu mobile app it still crashing quickly

If you cannot use USB, then you have to be sure that the WiFi hardware is configured as a Hotspot. How to do this depends on your answer to my first question above.

• Now its working via wifi connection. but the the RGB Image display is not working . its just Black
  • and the function buttons are not functional. i am trying to press it but no response.

Hello, that is something apparently many users experience, including myself, see Android app connects to pop, can’t start scan
You need an earlier version (1.5 works for me) and we have to wait until RevoPoint has fixed the issue.

Hi Eid,

thank you for your messae,
may I ask, when do they release the version 1.5? what i am using now was the updated from google play version 1.3

You are probably using the newest version 2.1.3, please check under “About”.
Version 1.5.0 was released at the end of April, I downloaded it then, but I have no idea how to get that version now.
Version 1.6.8 (mid of June) was actually meant to fix this issue, but a lot of people (including me) responded that it didn’t fix anything, the scan buttons are still inactive.
Version 2.1.3 (end of June), again, was meant to fix the problem, but… see above.

Yes, I am using now the latest version for the app V2.1.3.
But the problem are still there.
I might wait for another update to come out I hope they can fixed the issues.

Right, as I said, Version 1.5 was the last version working, and starting with 1.6.8 the problem with non-functional scan buttons started for a lot of users (and a black upper left screen, where the RGB-camera’s picture should be). Revopoint claimed that the problem was fixed with Version 2.1.3, but reportedly it still doesn’t work.
@Revopoint3d ; what is the progress in this matter?

Hi @Eldkatten @jeff_2021

Could you please do all the connection steps and click “About” - “report bugs” so that our engineer can receive the log to analyze?

To @Eldkatten
Do you mean that V1.5 works for you? (It’s confusing because we release the new update to solve the RGB image issue, and now it seems the problem on some models like Samsung S20/S21 is solved, but others still exist.)

Our product team is still analyzing these issues. Pls kindly report the bugs so that our product team to investigate the logs.

Btw, in case to miss your problem, could you please also send an email to support@revopoint3d.com? Our product team also keeps an eye on that mailbox.

Best Regards
Revopoint Team

1 Like

@Revopoint3d Right, Version 1.5.0 is the last version that worked for me. The RGB-image is not so much the problem, I could live without it, but the buttons on the right side (Start/Pause, Stop, etc.) are not working, meaning nothing happens when I click o them.
I installed version 2.1.3 again the other day and used the “Report Bug” feature, but I don’t know whether any log information was sent.

Hi @Eldkatten

Thank you for these info. We received your log, and will contact you if any further need.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Hi Cassie,

same as mine, the function button is not working, ang RGB image also has a problem.

Hi @jeff_2021

Sorry so much, our product team is working on it. Could you please also redo all the steps and click “about” to report bugs to us?

Best Regards
cassie

Hi Cassie,

Yes I already sent the report from the app.