Suggestions for Handy Scan

I think probably the biggest issue I have come across here is the ‘undo’ feature wiping the entire scan. I’m scanning a lot of ordered shapes (mechanical structures) and when ‘resuming’ the scan from a pause the software often mis-aligns the new data because its sees a lot of similar shapes.

in my work flow, what I tend to do is scan about 200 frames then press, ‘stop’, ‘complete’ (ie fuse the points) and continue, but if you accidently hit undo it wipes ALL your data sometimes losing a lot of work (I have lost hours over this issue).

When you fuse points it really should LOCK the data to a point where if you press undo it wont wipe everything.

Finally can we have a manual +/- zoom button, when working on the laptop zoom doesn’t seem to work and even if it did its a lot easier to click zoom (or a key press) than pinching on the D-pad.

3 Likes

The emphasis is on the sometimes, because it rarely happens to me that way. When scanning and the POP loses tracking, I pause and hit Undo, usually several times to clean up a few seconds of the mis-tracked scan data.

What would be very useful is a Redo command.

1 Like

No emphasis on “sometimes”, you quoted me out of context.

The ‘sometimes’ is there to emphasise that it happens later in a project, losing you a lot of data - not to say it doesn’t happen a lot - eg sometimes I lose a lot of work, sometimes I don’t lose that much.

I have this happen to me frequently enough to make it a major concern, just yesterday I lost about 2 hrs of scanning in total. Even with mis-tracked data visible, the undo wiped the whole lot. the undo function will ALWAYS wipe your data if you press it enough, which is really not helpful.

2 Likes

Hi @JonHimself ,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will discuss with team, and check if we can improve it in the future version.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like