Revo Studio Add Float File

I am trying to use Revo Studio to merge scans using the “add Float file” and am not having any useful results with either Feature or Manual… Is there a decent video out there or a better alternative to Revo Studio?
Getting very frustrated as I have not been able to produce any useful results from the POP2…

I made one for Revo Studio , it starting at 2:10
using manual marker point to merge your Revo Scan

make sure you have the last Revo Studio installed as the merging improved dramatically from early versions , if I am not wrong April 27 was the last update

of course it also depends of what you trying to merge and what is the condition of your cloud point data
I could give you some tips if I know more about what you trying to merge . some screen shot maybe ?

Also if you will be not able to merge it using Revo Studio, there is also free software called Cloud Compare that is much more superior to Revo Studio that do the work very precise .

Is there a version for the most recent? Under info, my version is beta 3.0.5

I am attaching pictures (4) of my scans that I want to merge. It is an ice cream scoop, so not a lot of crisp detail…
Scoop2a
Scoop2b
Scoop2c
Scoop2d

There’s not a whole lot of features on that.

I think that might be a little tricky to align.

Were you scanning this on your turntable?

What mode of operation did you use?

Something is smooth and featureless as this I would consider using marking mode on the turntable.

This is what I have so far using studio. I tried using the turn table with markers with no success, I could never get it to reorient correctly once I picked it up a repositioned it…
so the (4) files were done on the turn table using features

When you use marker mode , you can only scan one side at once , marker mode use markers not the object features and will not align it if you change direction and continue scanning .
This is not simple object to be merged because actually zero features or tracking points , I am still surprised that you got it together .
In cases like that I suggest only marker mode , you can also add another trick I am doing , you can use the color mode as references for merging , scan the object with color , but before that you can make marks on the surface , if you can’t paint it with a marker you can stick little color tape fragments or small color dot stickers other than black or white … then scan in marker mode the 2 sides separately and export as ply after fusing /or meshing but do not generate textures , when you import the point cloud to Revo Studio , you will have color data , use the difference in color to place your tracker points for merging between the 2 objects

1 Like

Thank You for the reply! Actually I think I mispoke… I tried so many things I had forgotten that I did use Marker mode on the turn table and created the (4) separate files…

1 Like

Well next time use the color mode and as I told you it will helps you find better tracking point to merge in Revo Studio