Received my POP Scanner - But

Hi Popey, I can totaly understand your opinion. If your phone can not support the USB mode, we suggest that you can use Net mode, it is very convenient too. And we will also try to find if any other way to solve this issue, because it is caused of the phone’s limitation, it is really difficult for us to change. But we will try to find if any other method. Hope you can understand, thank you.

Hi Cassie,
I have tried to use NET mode but I can’t find the wifi in my list even after turning off wifi nd hotspot etc. Is there any set instruction manual for it as there was none included in the package.
Regards
Popey

Hi @Popey You can check the users manual with this link: https://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP-3D-Scanner_User_Manual_v2.1.0.pdf

Hi! You have to set up/activate personal hotspot on your phone with informations provided. when it is active and POP scanner is powered it will automatically find that hotspot after few seconds and connect to it. devices connected to your smartphone are shown as change like from 0\4 (or whatever number of devices cann connect over your hotspot) to 1/4.
happy scanning!

2 Likes

Hi Revopoint
I write again
it would be polite to answer the various questions asked by me, both on the forum and on kickstarter.
I wrote about the lack of the lightning cable (paid but not received) and about the application for ipad (I have a no cell version and therefore no personal hotspot, and does not “see” the usb c cable of the pop scanner) and that for iphone ( unable to connect pop via wifi hotspot).
I hope in one answer finally
best regards
Davide

Hi @dfodaro Really sorry, there’re so many msgs that I might forget to reply to you. About the lightning cable, the delivery time will be in May. For iPad software, our product team is checking how to solve it, and we will create an announcement after it is available. For the USB C cable, you mean you didn’t find it with your POP in the color box? Usually we ship them together in a box. If it is confirm not found in box, we can ship 1pc to you together with the lightning cable. As for iPhone, the iOS version is available now, you can download and use it according to the users’ manual. Here’re the link: User's Manual for Android & iOS HandyScan_20210416

1 Like

Hi Revopoint thanks for your message The usb C cable is present but don’t recognized by ipad app (but the pop is powered by the usb c cable)

No choice NET or USB

Hi, that USB-C cable is used for charging the phone with power bank or other power supply. Not used for connecting the iPad. For iPad connection, please wait for our reply, since our product team is checking it. Could you use your iPhone at this period? We will release the newest update iOS version soon.

With iphone app there is the same problem
The screenshot up is of the iphone app
No choice USB or NET

Hi, we will release the new version of iOS app, then USB mode and WiFi mode will be in the setting. Do you mean that you can’t connect POP with your iPhone? Here’re the steps:
1.Make sure that your Wifi is Not connected;
2.Open Settings - General - About - Change the Name to “POP”;
3.Open Settings - Personal Hotspot - Allow Others to Join - Change Wi-Fi Password to 12345678;
4.Connect your POP to a power band or USB power supply;
5.Open “HandyScan”
6.Click “Scan” - It shows “Searching camera” - Click the number and wait for a while;
7.Then it’s ready to scan.

Before you start to scan, you can click “Setting” of the HandyScan to choose which mode you want to use, and choose “Color” or “No color”.

@Revopoint3D-Cassie - Hi - sorry I dont know how many more times I can say the same thing and show the same thing. Power bank is power only, correct. I have tried with a Y adaptor which passes both Data and Power, so its connecting power bank and phone and POP together, and it still will not work with USB mode. POP powers off the power bank via the Y adaptor, and it connects to the data on the phone, as well as charging the phone, yet the results are identical to not having the powerbank connected, ie the POP directly to the phone. Keep going around in circles, the power bank can power the POP but it still does not change the fact the phone quits/crashes the app immediately on connection via USB mode. If you want me to make a video and send it to you I can, showing how the POP is powered, the Adaptor, the phone etc and how it still wont work - I can.

Hi @WanaGo, sorry, please send a video, that will be better. Thank you very much.

I just received my unit today, and I’m trying to connect it to an iPhone 11. I’m finding a few problems:

The link to the quick start guide is broken.

There are no other tutorials or videos for this device listed on your site.

USB connection is disabled in your app. WiFi is the only available option.

It is a terrible and unsafe design to instruct me to rename my iPhone to “POP”, enable hotspot, allow anyone to connect to it, and change the password to “12345678”. I am NOT going to expose my phone to any random connection with an obvious password, and I am NOT going rename my phone for the sake of this device. You simply HAVE to come up with a better solution than that!

In short, this device does not function as promised, and at the moment does not function at all for me. Please improve your iOS app and provide a safe, secure, and reasonable way of connecting to it, both wirelessly and over USB.

Thank you.

1 Like

The link to the quick start guide is broken.

Re: Sorry, the link is updated now: Quick Start Guide of POP 3D Scanner
Besides, you can find the download resources here: Download | Revopoint 3D Technologies Inc.

There are no other tutorials or videos for this device listed on your site.

Re: You can find the users’ manual on “Tutorials and Tips”, and we will also add more guides soon.

It is a terrible and unsafe design to instruct me to rename my iPhone to “POP”, enable hotspot, allow anyone to connect to it, and change the password to “12345678”. I am NOT going to expose my phone to any random connection with an obvious password, and I am NOT going rename my phone for the sake of this device. You simply HAVE to come up with a better solution than that!

***Re: You can download the newest Windows version of Handy Scan, and revise the Wi-Fi name and password as you like (Click “About” - “Setting”). ***
Here is the download link: [Update] The New Windows Version of Handy Scan(V2.4.7)-20210430 - #4 by Mrkarlovski

In short, this device does not function as promised, and at the moment does not function at all for me. Please improve your iOS app and provide a safe, secure, and reasonable way of connecting to it, both wirelessly and over USB.

Re: The newest iOS version is also updated in the App store, please download it directly.

Question on this, is it possible to therefore have the POP connect to your home router WiFi rather than having to have an AP set up on your phone? So the POP talks to the router/home network, which your phone is also on… ? or does it have to be isolated to be directly with your phone… Going via the network would be super helpful.

1 Like

Just tried it, and yes it works! I am very happy! Connected to my router WiFi using both Android phone and my PC (which is on the other side of the room to the POP), so I am really happy as my PC USB doesn’t reach. Just have to set the WiFi details by connecting to the POP with USB first from the PC, and then from that point you can connect using WiFi on a device on the same network. Great stuff.

Can you update the android app to allow changing the WiFi configuration over USB?

Hi, @WanaGo That’s great! Would you like to create a post to share your steps with pictures? It may be helpful for other users.

I will record your feedback and check with our product team.