Power bank not working

Hi – I just received my power bank tripod, and although the blue lights are all lit up when I plug in the USB A to mini cable and connect it to the splitter, the scanner is not powered on. Is there anything I should be trying to troubleshoot? Thanks!

What you have described would not work. The long cable with the USB A plug on one end and the Mini B plug on the other end connects directly to the POP.

If you have the Splitter plugged into the POP, you can only use the shorter cable with the USB A and USB C plugs (power only). The cable with the Micro USB and USB C plugs connects to the phone to carry data (not power).

1 Like

@JeffLindstrom Thanks for the reply. So I have the scanner power working (USB A from power bank to USB C on the splitter). Still no luck connecting my Android phone using the USB C to Micro cable into the splitter. Thought the issue might be USB Debugging mode on the phone but I turned that off and the scanner is still not detected…any ideas?

Hi @Steverino

Sorry, for this mobile connector, you need to plug the “Micro USB to USB-C” cable into your phone firstly, then plug the “Type -C to USB - A” cable to the power bank.

Could you please try it again?

Best Regards
Cassie

2 Likes

@Revopoint3D-Cassie Thank you so much – when I connected the data cable first, then the power cable as you suggested, the scanner was detected right away. Can’t wait to take this outside and scan some random stuff :slight_smile:

Hi @Steverino

That’s good!

Best Regards
Cassie

Don’t do it in direct sunlight; the POP’s sensors will be overloaded.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip :slight_smile: