POP2 - PUTV 3D Models Showcase Progress & Tips

Congrats on your new toys Johnathan!
I am curious about the stabilizer now !

BTW something changed with the last firmware I could not scan outdoors with MINI anymore even if I used anti UVs light protection . I need to return back to my dark box scanning technique.

That’s interesting I wounder want they changed, and if they did it for a reason, maybe something to do with the RGB camera?
Would be useful if you could get them to fix that, i don’t think my mini had the earlier firmware you had I haven’t updated it

I guess it was the RGB camera that cause some of the latest issues with the software etc… the gain setting had to be adjusted in the software as well to be able to scan colors .
It was all perfect for my months before the RGB … but hey it getting there .
For me personally I care mostly about the 3D scanning results than textures and the scanning results improved above the testing units .
Now I can capture the textures as well and not only with MINI but also better with POP2 than before minus the outdoors scanning in the day times.

Something for something…

However I am glad I could help eliminate the major bugs and help improve the units and software . It is better already as it was planned to be and will keep improving.

1 Like

Yeah it’s come a long way and as you say it will be better I’m sure in time, hopefully adding the turntable function doesn’t break it again lol

I’m sure they are glad to have your help :+1: I think you have pushed them in the right direction :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am not holding my breath, that for sure :joy:
But that is a good thing , we get only better from that point.

Just complaining is one thing , but giving solution in the same time is priceless.

Hi, how would the POP 2 do when scanning a hot (500 C) object? Would be able to do it?

It depends of the conditions of the ambient temperature ( not above 45C) the object can’t be reflective /glowing /metal

I don’t know if the heat signature will interrupt with the infrared pattern and mess up the sensors … but probably it will

Someone asked me early to scan a pineapple , I think it was @johnchen , but with MINI, however I did not wanted to waste the fruit and paint it over for the scan , since this kind of colors was really not scannable by MINI , natural waxy green and waxy yellows simply do not scan with MINI , so I went with POP2 , my first love for any situation …

I don’t know exactly what they did to the last POP2 firmware , algorithms and software but the textures are better than MINI in quality . MINI RGB color per vertex is still better than POP2 due to increased amount of vertex ( point cloud resolution)

anyway here are the scans results of POP2

color textures

Rendered in Zbrush

The color textures render. fine

Then I got idea to make a funky simple planter for my Pineapple’s plant

Printed at 0.48 mm LH with 0.6mm nozzle , no support

And here test planter , it looks much better in person

Now I want to make the planter as a whole pineapple form only .

6 Likes

did you receive or buy the new dual-axis turntable? how does it work? I would like to find a video tutorial for its use…Thank you

I have it , but no idea how it works or perform, I don’t got any testing software yet . There are not yet any videos about .

Hi PUPTV,
Great work! As usual…

Thank you Davide! It was little fun project

1 Like

:rofl: It looks fun to grow a pineapple in a pineapple.

1 Like

Hello, you have the new dual-axis turntable, when do you plan to try it and better do a video tutorial here and on your You Tube channel? Thanks

1 Like

Lots of fun , but that’s how pineapples growing after all , thanks Selina! :blonde_woman:t2: :+1:t2:

I have it but the software is not ready yet , not even the beta version to tests it out , so we all have to wait :expressionless:
I suppose to test it 5 days ago , but nothing yet .

Ok thank you for your answer … I look forward to your test before buying it … Soon I hope

1 Like

https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/windows-revo-scan-v4-1-0-beta-released/17289?u=popupthevolume

The new software is just released , it control the Dual Axis Turntable

Going to check it now

1 Like

OK the software was released and I am in process of testing …

It is straight forward, going to make video tonight about it.

@ths

1 Like

It took me a while but i finally read through all 479 posts in this thread. Thanks for all the info you’ve posted. It makes me excited to test out the pop2 for myself and see what I can create. I’ve noticed your process has changed a little with new updates, do you have a current workflow that you are following?