POP2 - PUTV 3D Models Showcase Progress & Tips

Ok not a scan as such but just knocked up a dust cover for the Pop 2 in TPU from Thingiverse.
Fits very well.

3 Likes

I was about to make my own , it is easy to make a scratch and ruin the scanner , the new 2022 edition do not have the plexy glass covering the IR lesser any more and I must say working so much better but is open to particles no matter how clean you keep it .

Do you have link to this one ?

2 Likes

Sure … Revopoint POP protective carrying case by atuor - Thingiverse

3 Likes

Thanks Scott, have to print it out , I also using recently this kind of covers for my DSLR lenses, less cleaning afterwards.

3 Likes

So any news David , did you check it out, or no time ?

2 Likes

No sorry, haven’t had time to try it out till now but maybe I can do a test today.

2 Likes

So I tried to record the Scan with Task Manager opened but for some reason the recording tool of Nvidia doesn’t want to work today. Then I tried it with the recording tool of the Xbox Game Bar but this only records the window of Revo Scan :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Anyways, I was monitoring the hard disk load while the texturing process and there wasn’t any activity visible. So there’s something else going on.

I know , for some reason you can’t even get a screenshot unless you select the desktop…
But the HD activity happening just before the finish of texturing process .
And in your case it really takes too long on the idle process for no reason.

2 Likes

You’ll see that there’s no mentionable load on the hard disk in the video which I’ll post here as soon as I get the recording software to work again.

Do you maybe know if the developing team was able to find already what’s probably causing the issue?

Not yet , waiting for your video, I don’t have that long waiting period when fusing, meshing or texturing , and same on my android tablet when using POP2 .

1 Like

I’ll probably upload a video today as the recording tool of Nvidia seems to work again but I’ve to do some other things first. So maybe I can post an update in 2-4 hours.

1 Like

So here is the link to the new video. Again, it may takes some time until it’s accessible and can be viewed in a good quality.

2 hours later and it is still “processing”, so this must be a long, detailed video. :wink:

1 Like

No, not really. It has nearly the same size like the other ones but is a bit shorter instead :sweat_smile:
I don’t know why it’s taking that long this time.

It says can’t be played … that’s all

Hmkay, for me it says “This video is being processed. Check back later.”

But that’s really too long now. I’ll try to upload the video again

I’ve reuploaded the video and refreshed the previous link now. Maybe the Google servers are too busy at the moment, so the video takes much longer to process.

1 Like

It was available. I’m downloading now to view.

1 Like

That makes no sense to me. Sorry I’m not able to help.

1 Like