POP2 - My 3D Models Showcase Progress & Tips

This technology already exists on a competitor’s platform and it would be trivially simple to implement, seeing as how Revo Scan already detects when tracking is lost.

Of course it exist since I used it 22 years ago and I paid $5000 for the turntable and software , I never said it don’t , but as you see a turntable like that cost today $700 and a software even more . It can be all done , the question is , will it be done ?.. maybe with the time but not soon enough .
Automatic turntables do not use full rotations and capture the model by single frames in 30 degrees distances , and fuse it each time before next capture.
MINI or POP scanning with single frames do not works well as it introduce too much noises , it needs the rotation to proper capture the model in 3D space and align the frames for noiseless perfection.
I tried already everything .
It will be up to Revopoint to rewrite the software but it may be not as easy task as POP and MINI are portable 3D scanners and not stationery , automatic turntables need the scanner to be in exact position and angle each time for the process.

That seems counterintuitive. The Revopoint turntable advertises Bluetooth, so it’s going to connect to something and what, if not Revo Scan? Revo Scan already detects loss of tracking, so it seems (to me, at least) that it would not be difficult to tie the tracking loss detection circuit to the motor control functionality that the Bluetooth-enabled turntable already has (or at least should have).

I am expecting an app for controlling the turntable as many others have . If they add that function to the software, then it would be perfect . I just lower my expectations , as I don’t want to be disappointed or post misinformation to people based on pure speculations and misleading them .

The turntable is not yet in production or any samples done so I would wait for the proper specifications first , because right now all we do is speculate about and that are no facts .

That is all about .

I don’t know if the heat will destroy it first, or if it will be destroyed by modifications, or…

I wasn’t sure what part of the project you needed pictures of, so I’ll post as many as I can take!

1 Like

Since I don’t own any other high-resolution scanner, I’ll attempt to scan it with photogrammetry!

@cellmon thanks for the pictures , there is so much room for improvement and for proper cooling . Now I can see clear why my aluminum heat sinks working so well .

I had some conversations with Attblime NYC, they sent me some extra stuff and promotional new markers to use with MINI, not yet online in usa , the ATTBLIME AB2 Scanning Spray is fantastic (Sublimation 2 to 4 Hours) . I made tests with both AESUB Blue and Attblime AB2 and the results was great when using with MINI , half the price, stays on for 2 hours compared to Aesub blue less than 1h , actually 30 min with warm weather .
The surface was so fine with AB2 , it did not clogged. the details even when using can spray with the additional head spray nozzle they including . Super product .
Beside the can format also got the 1L can to use with my airbrush and 0.7mm nozzle for very fine applications .
I guess I have my new favorite 3D spray for fine applications .

https://us.attblime.shop/

2 Likes

Any time frame on availability?

1 Like

Not yet Jeff , from what they said they just opened the new online store here on east coast , still putting everything together .

Everything else is available in Europe and UK .

I am going to test out the markers today and see how MINI friendly they are in practice.

1 Like

More information will come out in the near future. :rofl:

1 Like

Can you give me the link to your light box please? What you are doing with this scanner is inspiring! You are helping so many people with a product that is better than most users are capable of using. My hat is off to you for your time and efforts on the pop2 thanks!

Thanks Brian ,

Any light box will be fine , not need to be exactly , but here you go : https://a.co/d/0TnJ6QR

Do you have a youtube channel or website? I want to make sure and support you.

1 Like

@Bi1147 https://youtube.com/c/PopUpTheVolume1
PUTV does an excellent job of helping people👍

2 Likes

Thank you Brian and Johnathan ! Really appreciate the support!

@Bi1147 I just opened new YT channel but you can find there couple of videos with tutorials and showcases.

2 Likes

I came across new advertising of 3D scanner that uses the same software as Revopoint , just the early version with the red/gray Depth preview .
I am wondering, is the scanning software is an open source or someone just stolen it ?

2 Likes

Seems like a opensource software?? I’ve found several 3d scanner companies using “Handyscan” platform.

“Sense Pro” (similar to the one in your video) from 3D Systems here:

“HandySense” both from ANET and Revopoint:

(From its user manual)

https://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/Handysense%20Brochure20200424.pdf

https://www.mastoner.com/images/pdfs/escaner3d-anet-handysense-anethandysense.pdf

Model was removed from sell on Revopoint store i guess. But you can still find resellers.

Also if you look at this picture from the Kickstarter page:

So maybe they developed this software for several manufacturers? or Revopoint worked in conjunction with other brands to create similar 3D scanners before the POP family.

It’s easy, they can provide accurate info to us. We’re in their forum :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They using the new Revo Scan (Handy Scan) version so it is not that old and definitely not before POP since the SensePro is actually POP2 in a different case and the software came out after POP2. Now it explains why Handy Scan name was changed .