POP2 and Mac M1

Just received the POP2 and plugged it in using the supplied USB-C cable into my M1 Mac. I downloaded Revoscan from your website for mac. There is a green light on the back of the POP2 however Revoscan reports “device not connected”. I have checked the firewall and it allows incoming connections for Revoscan. Tried rebooting, pulling out the cable etc but cannot get the device to connect.

I now see that the file name of the Revoscan download for mac says WIFI. Does that mean it is WIFI only?? It doesn’t say anything about it in the instructions. So USB mode doesn’t work on a mac at all? Is it possible to use Handyscan with the POP2 or is it only Revoscan?

Update: Well I finally managed to connect via wifi and Revoscan connected to it. However when I select new scan a dialog box appears with the text missing. I can see the radio buttons, the file name and directoy. The rest is blank. I have to say this is quite a challenge to get anything working properly.

Echoing this issue. Really hoping they fix this.

Hi @MilesAB

1. For the connection of Mac, the current version only supports the Wi-Fi mode now. You need to plug it into a power bank or an AC adapter.

2. For the text missing issue, please don’t use the Dark mode of your Mac. (This is a known bug, we will solve it in the future.)

Best Regards
Cassie

Also echoing this issue. My boss bought this scanner because there was a Mac version of the software. The program has never once initiated a scan and has only repeatedly crashed. I’m going over to a windows machine to see if I can get it to work over there but at that point I’m probably going to return this and keep looking for a scanner that works on a Mac.

Hi @OftenWrong ,

Sorry for the bad experience.

Could you please confirm if you download the newest version of software? Here is the link:

https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/RevoScan_4.0.0.20220307d.R.Beta1.zip

Btw, you can check this connection method post:

Best Regards
Cassie

Will there be a power cord longer than THREE FEET made available at some point in time?
Will the issues with the POP 2 be resolved BEFORE you release this Mini Scanner?
Or will that scanner ALSO NOT WORK for MAC users?

Hi @Smeefeeboffo ,

Will there be a power cord longer than THREE FEET made available at some point in time?

Re: The current power cable is 2m, and you can also buy an extension cable which is 3m from our shop.

Will the issues with the POP 2 be resolved BEFORE you release this Mini Scanner?

Re: What issues do you meet?

Or will that scanner ALSO NOT WORK for MAC users?

Re: At this period, POP 2 can work for Mac under the Wi-Fi mode.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hello. @Revopoint3D-Cassie

Which specific combination of Mac hardware and software will and will not work with Revoscan?

I have seen comments on this forum, youtube and facebook about connection instability over WIFI with M1 and M2 based macs, along with incompatibility with different OS version on Intel based Macs.

@all Would like to hear from Mac users that have been able to successfully pair the either MINI or POP2. What hardware and OS are use using?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @MilesAB

Were you able to get your POP 2 and Revoscan to work with your set up?
If you don’t mind, what processor and OS version are you using?