New user problems

Hi,

I’m new to revopoint and scanning, my pop 2 just arrived and the results are a mess.

The test model scan is a mush of multiple angles all on top of each other

Scanning simple non reflective objects result in a similar mess see example set up and resultant jumble below(edit, just the jumble it won’t let me post two images :roll_eyes:)

Thanks in advance

Can anyone help me, I assume there is some setting I haven’t done right?

Welcome to the Jumble…

@Dangle_kt

1. How simple the objects are, how hard it is to scan them , why ? Because the simple objects don’t have any features for visual tracking . You have 2 options , 1 use marker mode to scan it , or stick the markers on the object and scan it again in the marker mode .

2. Make sure the Depth Camera sensor grain is set to lowest , you need to see a grayscale picture there , if it is white you are going to lose the tracking .

3. Yes everything is about the gain and the tracking , objects with a lot of features are easier to scan with POP2, I recommend to play with the included bust model until you learn the first steps , you can use Feature mode on High Accuracy , set down the gain under the Depth camera window and practice
    POP2 is not a magic button for scanning everything you throw in , it is a 3D laser scan that need’s own learning curve .
    How well you’re gonna do the job depends on you .

4. Stay away from bright windows light or sunlight , POP2 is an infrared light laser , bright day light can interrupt its behavior .

5. Avoid objects made of black plastic, PVS and any synthetic materials in black color , it will absorb infrared light and you can’t scan anything .

I think for now it will be enough to get you started !

Happy scanning ! and welcome to the forum ! if anything else let me know

Thanks, the test bust is the same, however I realised it was detecting the items behind it which were not moving, and this was throwing the rotating tracking out.
I have managed one successful scan of the bust now.
I will try and avoid natural light in future, thanks.

2 Likes